Sunday, October 14, 2012

Melted - Country Home Scents / Pumpkin Crunch Cake

Pumpkin Crunch Cake - 'The aroma of creamy pumpkin pie filling with freshly baked yellow cake, melted butter, pecans, and a hint of spice.

On cold throw in my haul post I had noted this was heavier on the pumpkin.  That's funny because when I melted it, there was much more of a cake note, followed by some spice and a bit of the pumpkin.  A very nice, warm bakery scent!!  I melted this whole 1+ oz. tart in my tea light warmer and was disappointed to find the scent throw was medium at best.  It was another of those that you don't seem to smell much right in the area of the warmer, but I noticed it much stronger upstairs ... LOL
I remember when I first started ordering from Country Home Scents years ago, I used to have two warmers with the same scent going, in adjacent rooms.  I'm starting to wonder now if that's why I remember CHS tarts being so strong??  Or have I just gotten so used to the super strong throw of Walmart tarts?  I'm not sure.  *sigh*

8 comments:

  1. Hmmm,your sentence about the Walmart tarts makes me want to run out and buy some. I don't have any. Didn't realize they were so strong!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I *LOVE* the Walmart tarts (Better Homes & Gardens and Scentsationals are made by the same company). They are probably my favorite of all because they are so affordable and I know they will always be strong enough. Usually I melt two cubes at a time, but there are many times when I'm sure just one cube would be enough.

    A lot of people poo-poo the Walmart tarts because A)they are cheap, and B)they are from Walmart. But then I've seen MANY people give them a try and keep on buying them.

    You SHOULD try some! Hehe!

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. *votes for the Walmart tarts*

    It would be kinda funny if using one warmer now was throwing off (ha! See what I--accidentally--did there??) your memory of how strong the CHS tarts were.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know, but after mediocre results from not only CHS but several other vendors lately, tossed some Walmart cubes in the warmer yesterday and had nearly immediate scent throughout the house. Yep, love me some Walmart cheapies!

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Melting this one right now and the only thing I can smell is cinnamon or some sort of spice ?? Or maybe it's pumpkin I don't really know since it's the first time I melt a pumpkin tart ! It's really strong though :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, so that means you finally got your order. Yay! :)

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes and I love them, they're so cute haha and I haven't had any problem with them yet, but I only melted 3 so far ! I'm also waiting for 40 tarts from Nene's Kitchen Melts and Streetman Candle Company ! Aaand I also got an electric warmer. Can you believe this all happened because I read one of your posts haha ?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad I could start you on the road to wax addiction. LOL
    Now you need to start a blog to show them all off!

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete