Sunday, October 14, 2012

Melted - Country Home Scents / Trick or Treat

Trick or Treat - 'The aroma begins with a blend of pumpkin and apple; ending with a touch of orange, cinnamon and vanilla!'

I loved this one!  I was a bit concerned and confused because according to my old notes, when I had ordered this one a long time ago I had apparently hated it.  In notes about another vendor's Trick or Treat scent, I loved it.  Now granted, maybe they were not the same scent.  But then I'd seen a post on another blog about this particular one and it sounded so yummy.  So had I been mistaken in my original notes, and was actually hating a different scent?  I decided to go ahead and try this one again.

Melting the whole 1+ oz. tart in my tea light warmer, I was so relieved to finally have a decent scent throw.  I could smell this easily in the room my warmer is in, and could smell it trickling into adjacent rooms too.  And the scent itself is just so yummy and interesting.  It's fruity, but not light and summery type fruity.  The apple and orange mix together to make a sweet but zippy, sort of juicy scent.  The pumpkin sort of warms it up, the very light vanilla makes it all softer and warmer, and just the barest hints of spice keep it lively.  It is not by any means a 'spicy' scent, so don't pass this by just because you see cinnamon in the description.  Although this doesn't really remind me of fall, if I were to try and fit it into something fall-like, I would say it reminds me of sticking your nose into those plastic pumpkins after trick-or-treating and smelling all the different goodies in there.  Love it!

6 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy ! Wish I would've ordered this one because it seems like a lot of the ones I got won't have a good throw..ah well, at least they're cute !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know why I've been having such bad luck lately. Moving my warmer seems to have helped, but it always been in its previous place for years without problems.

    I hope yours are all fabulously strong. :)

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this one! Can't wait to melt it now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see what you think of it. :)

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a fun description you gave this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Inspired by you, no doubt. Some of yours are darn cute.

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete