Saturday, October 27, 2012

Melted - Sweet Fixations / Pumpkin Pie

Pumpkin Pie - 'A warm and scrumptious blend of pumpkin pie filling,
spices, and sweet creamy vanilla.' 

I bought this one along with a ton of other pumpkin variety scents, but I'd assumed the whole time this would be the best . . . like the traditional, old fashioned favorite.  It is a very nice scent, but it wasn't as grand as I'd hoped.  Pumpkin is definitely the main note in this.  There is not a lot of spice, so don't assume it's the same as all the Pumpkin Spice types out there.  If you don't like spice, but still want something pumpkin-y for the fall season, this would probably be fine.  The thing I was bummed about was that I didn't get the bakery notes from the crust.  I guess, now that I look back at the description, there doesn't claim to be any crust in it.  Hmm, well with a name like Pumpkin Pie, I guess you just sort of assume there will be crust.  Oh well, my bad.

I melted this entire 1 oz. tart in my tea light warmer and had a light/medium throw.  There were tiny hints of spice, just enough to warm it up a bit, and there was a slight creaminess from the vanilla to sweeten it, but it was primarily pumpkin that I was smelling . . . when I could smell it.  I prefer my scents stronger than what this was, but this would probably be fine in smaller rooms or if you like lighter scents.

No comments:

Post a Comment