Saturday, October 27, 2012

Melted - Sweet Fixations / Sweet Potato Pie

Sweet Potato Pie - 'The delicious aroma of candied yams, melted marshmallows,
sugar and spice on a buttery crunchy crust.' 

Looking back at my original cold throw notes, I see I had wondered if pumpkins and yams smelled similar.  Funny to see that because as I was melting this I was thinking what an awesome pumpkin scent this was, only to remember that is was sweet potato. 

I *LOVED* this scent.  Oh.My.Gosh.  I melted the entire 1+ oz. tart in my tea light warmer, and I had moved that warmer into the kitchen because I had some work to do in there.  I don't know if it was because I moved the warmer, or because I was moving around the kitchen and stirring up the air, but wow this one was nice and strong compared to others I've had lately.  I would say my kitchen is fairly large, and this filled the room with scent and eventually even drifted into the next room (where my warmer usually is).

And the scent itself was amazingly yummy!   There was quite a bit of spice but it wasn't too harsh or sharp, and it was blended into everything else so nicely.  This one had the buttery bakery notes of that crust that I was missing in my last post (the Pumpkin Pie review), and the creamy sweetness of the marshmallow.  It was a really warm scent, like comfy-cozy warm, like goodies baking in Mom's kitchen warm.  I'm wishing now that I would have saved this for closer to Thanksgiving.  It's THAT good.

2 comments:

  1. Nice review of this one! Gosh, if I didn't already have so many Fall scents I would purchase this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I order any Christmas scents from Sweet Fixations, I think I'm going to also grab another one of these.

    I've pretty much worked through my fall scents from private vendors. Just a stack of Walmart fall tarts to plow through now, and some random ones I've acquired along the way.

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete