The website can be a bit confusing and frustrating. You can buy 4 oz. or 8 oz bags, and there are some other options depending on what scent you're trying to order. You also have to sort of figure out what category the scent you want is in and click that section to be able to order it. There are no single tarts as far as I could tell. The 4 oz. bags I ordered cost $3.25. Since the shop is closed at the moment, I'm not sure how much the 8 oz. bags or other styles cost.
Shipping was crazy fast. I placed my order on Thursday morning (Nov. 15), had a shipping notice within the hour, and my package arrived on Monday (Nov. 19). Each bag was wrapped in paper and everything was nicely packed in a priority box. Shipping for my order was $8.05.
So what did I get??? I'll just do a quick list with descriptions from the website. More detailed thoughts and scent descriptions will come in my Melted series as I melt each one.
- Cinnamon Stick - [no scent description] I'm assuming it's just plain cinnamon.
- Serendipity - 'This is a super sweet concoction....sweet thick creamy vanilla with powdered sugar..sweet cherry, sweet orange and citrus...and a hint of fresh coconut.' I've been wanting to try this for a while because I keep hearing people talk about it. I *love* it! Sweet cherry scent.
- Christmas Time - 'The scent of fresh balsam and warm vanilla cookies sprinkled with sugar sparkles.' Much more cookie, very little balsam.
- Christmas Past - 'Blue spruce and fir scents with top-notes of northern pine, a spicy cinnamon middle note and a warm woody base note. Super strong.' Hubby loves this one. He says it's very 'fir-y.' I like it but to me it smells like Vicks. LOL! And it is very strong. I might melt one in our bedroom at night and see if clears my head enough to sleep peacefully.
- Coconut Milk and Lavender - 'A sweet blend of coconut milk and lavender..changes the lavender to almost a tropical flower.' I'm not a huge lavender fan but I have found lately that I do like it in blends. This one sounded interesting. It's a very pretty scent, soft and sweet, would be an excellent bath/body product scent.
- Christmas Pudding - 'A delightful blend from the keeping room, a sweet christmas plum pudding, with a sweet brown sugar burnt cream topping, covered in a rum soaked cloth.' Cake type scent.
- Cinnamon Corn Pudding - 'A delicious blend of our gooey bakery cinnamon and a sweet corn pudding.' Only get a buttery corn type scent at the moment.
- Orange Cream Cupcake - 'Top notes of Orange Peel, Tangy Lemon, and Citron Zests; combined with rich notes of Creamsicle Frosting, Brown Sugar, Sweet Buttercream, Drizzled Rum, Bittersweet Chocolate, and Vanilla Extract.' Strong, first blast of bright and zippy citrus with cake undertones. YUM!
- Plum Pudding - 'Not just for the holiday, sweet fruits, sugars, a little spice and a splash of brandy. One of our signature scents.' Interesting, like dark, sweet fruits.
- Sugar Cookie and Flapjack - 'A CFTKR blend, our sweet flapjack, mixed with our yummy frosted sugar cookie, a touch of maple syrup and a ton of love makes this a yummy new scent.' Yum yum yum! Very cookie/pancake, only a trace of maple sweetness.
- Ultimate Bakery Shop - 'The aroma of stepping into a bakery, you will have the aromas of sweet sugar cookies..sweet bakery breads..donuts..cakes and the faint aroma of a vanilla icing.' Nice but just a plain cookie/bread scent.
I know I don't have to ask if YOU are familiar with Candles From The Keeping Room, because I know I'm one of the last people on earth to order. So instead I'll ask, how has YOUR experience been with CFTKR tarts?