Thursday, November 22, 2012

Melted - Front Porch Candle Co. / Sweet Potato Pie

Sweet Potato Pie - 'Wonderful spicy, buttery, brown sugar infused sweet potato pie aroma
with flaky crust undertones.'

I had a Sweet Potato Pie tart from another vendor earlier this fall and loved it so much that when I happened upon this one at Front Porch I snatched it up.  On cold sniff, this one was spicier than that other one, and I didn't like it nearly as much.  Warmed though, the familiar yumminess came through a bit more.

I melted this whole 1 oz. tart in my tea light warmer.  I'm still new to Front Porch tarts so I'm not sure just how strong they generally are.  This one was a medium throw.  It scented the area my warmer is in, and carried out slightly to the next room, but it was light.  The sweet, buttery notes definitely came out more once this was good and warm.  The spice notes were not harsh.  A very nice, rich bakery scent . . . just wish it would have been a bit stronger.

4 comments:

  1. I've seen it on FrontPorch but I was too afraid to try it,(Really, potato pie ?!) and now that I'm convinced, it's not on the website anymore !! Oh well, next time I guess !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you see it anywhere you should try it. I'm pretty sure they'll all be very similar. Does Country Home Scents have one? (I can't remember offhand.)

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. I tried the buttercream drizzled sweet potato pie scent from Front Porch and it was soooooo good. I was scared to try it too and could not believe how much I loved it. That day I also used my Haus of Gloi Sweet Potato Treat whipped soap and I was in sweet potato dessert scent heaven. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had Sweet Potato Treat whipped soap last year. It was indeed quite yummy.

      Haven't seen that scent at Front Porch in the times I've stalked the site. Sounds interesting.

      ~Deb

      Delete