Sunday, November 25, 2012

Melted - King's Country / Christmas Cabin

Christmas Cabin - 'Citrus top notes lead to a rich accord of cedar, spice, and fir balsam, creating a warm, country style comfort with this cozy blend.  Earthy accents of patchouli on a musky vanilla base adds the finishing touch.'

Back when I first got this, my cold sniff thoughts were that I really liked it and that the citrus was what hit you first.  Now that I've finally gotten around to melting it, I found I didn't like it.  I don't know where the sweet citrus notes went but the warmed scent is very cologne-y to me.  There is a stronger wood note now, probably that cedar.  The musk is strong, and there is a warmth from the spice but it's not a harsh spice.  This is still a rather complex, and still nice in a way, but not something I want my home smelling like.  I very much prefer more foodie/bakery scents for my home fragrance.

I melted this entire .9 oz mini muffin tart in my tea light warmer.  As I'm finding over and over again, tarts from this vendor seem to have a strong scent throw right from the start but fade before the tea light burns itself out (about four hours).  I've mentioned before that these might still be great tarts for smaller rooms or enclosed rooms, because that early burst of scent would linger more . . . but I have large, open rooms.

This one was a bummer for me.

4 comments:

  1. Oh wow I'm glad I didn't order from this company finally,it's too bad since her tarts (and shipping for once!) are so cheap. Most of the scents she has didn't appeal to me anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still think these tarts would work great in smaller rooms. They DO have a good strong throw in the beginning, so I think that in a smaller room, or a closed room, like bathroom or bedroom, that scent would linger and last longer. My rooms are just too big and too open, so the scent is drifting away and fading.

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. This Christmas Cabin sounds so nice to me!!! I might have to check them out!

    Kait (Youtube CurlyQ730)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, Kait! Yep, recognized your YouTube name right away. :)

    You should check them out. These would probably work great for you since you have a small room there at school, right? Then again, I didn't think anything could sway you from CBV?!

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete