Monday, November 26, 2012

Melted - King's Country / Spicy Gumdrops

Spicy Gumdrops - 'Incredible strong and yummy scent, smells just like real spiced gumdrop candies!'

This was a yummy, fun scent.  It had that candy-spiciness like black jelly beans, but it was sweet too.  It did not strike me as a straight up black licorice scent.  At times it almost seemed like a fruity note was trying to come through, like from the yellow or orange gumdrops.  Just a fun scent.

As I've found with other King's Country tarts, these probably work better in smaller rooms or closed rooms (bathroom, bedroom, etc.) because they have an initial burst of scent but then fade rather quickly.  I melted this entire .7 oz. grubby star in my tea light warmer and had immediate, strong scent that traveled easily into the next room.  My rooms are large and open though, so by the time the tea light burned out (about four hours later) I was only picking faint remaining traces of scent.

Not bad tarts, and definitely  not bad scents, just better for smaller rooms.

4 comments:

  1. Black licorice! GACK! Kidding. I see there are other notes. I like the look of those little grubby tarts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One girl at work keeps having me order Black Licorice scent tarts for her. Just straight up Black Licorice. I'm like, 'You do realize there are a bajillion other scents out there,' but she still only wants Black Licorice.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. I hate the of black licorice taste, I wonder if I would hate the scent too !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The taste is not my favorite, but I do like the scent.

      ~Deb

      Delete