Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Melted - Scent Appeal Candles / Pumpkin Spiced Latte

Pumpkin Spiced Latte - [no description available]

This is the first tart I have ever melted from Scent Appeal Candles.  Looking at my cold sniff notes, I had high hopes for this one, said it was a sort of creamy pumpkin scent with strong latte notes.  I melted the entire 1 oz. tart in my tea light warmer and was super thrilled by the strength of the scent throw.  I have large rooms and love strong scents that carry throughout the rooms.  This one definitely had it.

Sadly though, I pretty much hated this particular scent.  What I thought was creamy and yummy in cold sniff turned bitter and harsh when warmed.  Sometimes coffee scents have that bitterness.  It overpowered everything else in this one.  Any trace of pumpkin became a sort of sour tang mixed with the super strong burnt coffee notes.  I'm pretty sure I blew out the tea light candle after an hour or so.

I'm not giving up this vendor though.  Like I said, the strength and throw were there, it was just this particular scent that I didn't like.

No comments:

Post a Comment