Friday, November 23, 2012

Melted - Sweet Fixations / Cranberry Marmalade

Cranberry Marmalade - 'Spiced apples, orange zests, and tart cranberries.'

In my cold sniff notes I thought this was similar to the Cranberry Orange Spice one, and that I liked that other one better.  Cold, I had thought this had more of a cider note to it and I'm not fond of ciders.  It's very weird then that while warm this seemed to have an almost bakery note lurking in there somewhere.
I melted this entire 1+ oz. tart in my tea light warmer.  It had a nice strong throw that carried through most of the downstairs of my house, noticeable but not overpowering.  Hubby had a candle burning in the living room and neither interfered with the other.

This scent is a delicious spiced cranberry.  While the description says there are spiced apples and oranges in there, without knowing that you'd swear it's just spicy cranberry.  It was tart and sweet, with just enough warm spice to put some zing in it.  And then after a while I started noticing that sort of bakery note I mentioned.  It was just something subtle, lurking deep in the overall scent.  It made me think of this spicy cranberry marmalade being spread on hot bread rolls.  Weird, I know!  But I swear it was there!  

So anyway, a nice scent but yeah, I think I do prefer the Cranberry Orange Spice one more.

No comments:

Post a Comment