Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Melted - Tara's Candle Cottage / Frosted Carrot Cake

Frosted Carrot Cake-- 'A buttery spice blend with hints of peach, coconut, carrots, cinnamon and warm vanilla with a healthy dose of sweet frosting.'
 
As mentioned in a previous post, I am unfamiliar with Tara's Candle Cottage but got this tart as part of a gift.  On cold sniff this is strong, a warm and cozy bakery type, but there is something odd about it.  Looking at the description, I'm not sure if it's the peach or the coconut or the combination of the two, but something just kills it for me.
I melted this entire 1.4 oz. tart in my tea light warmer.  I could have cut it in half but I don't like having to cut tarts, and I have so many at the moment that I'm just trying to use up as many as I can.  Anyway, melted the whole thing was pleased with the strength of the scent throw.  It was not overpowering but I could smell it lightly throughout most of the downstairs of the houseThe scent itself was just 'ok.'  Warmed, it seemed to take on a deeper, richer, and saltier tone.  It was more like carrot cake scents I'm familiar with, but a bit too buttery/salty.  I did let it go through the entire burn time of a tea light (about four hours) and it was nice enough for the time, but it's not something I would order again.

No comments:

Post a Comment