Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Melted - Tiffany Candles / Leaves

Leaves - 'Bath & Body Works* type; Rich Autumn notes of fresh ground cinnamon generously sprinkled over tasty dried apple peel. Allspice, fresh clove bud, and drips of Vermont maple complete this festive aroma.'

I received this as part of a gift recently and was anxious to try it because I'm still so undecided about Tiffany Candles.  This was just a sample sized cube (.6 oz) so I went ahead an melted the whole thing in my tea light warmer.  On cold sniff it was quite nice . . . a bit more 'foodie' than I ever would have expected.  There is a warm spiciness, not too harsh, and touches of sweetness.  Very fall-like.  Melted though, I go not scent throw at all.  Every once in a while, if someone walked past the warmer and stirred up the air, I thought I could smell the faintest hints of something but it seemed too perfume-y to be this.

So this one was a dud.  I've heard a lot of talk that Tiffany's is changing their wax blend and working on stronger scents.  I hope so, because it seems all I've had from there so far have been too weak for my liking.  Bummer.

No comments:

Post a Comment