Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Front Porch Candle Co. - Tart Haul

Not only have I had to eat my previous words about Front Porch Candle Co., but I now feel I must admit to you that I am hooked.  Yes, I have been sucked into the site stalking game.  I fear what will happen when I get my current tart stash down to a reasonable level and let myself do some guilt-free ordering!!

 One of the main reasons I placed this order ... well, two small orders actually ... was to get those two currently hot scents: Pink Peppermint, and Marshmallow Peppermint.

This is the first time I've ordered one of the 4-packs, and the first time I've gotten the cute little donut shaped tarts.  This is Marshmallow Peppermint Twist.  I can't find a description for this one on the Front Porch site but on cold sniff it is so freakin' amazingly yummy.  You get a definite crisp, cool peppermint right off the bat, but there is a sweet, creaminess chasing right after it.  There is a vanilla note or a buttery note, probably from the marshmallow.  I absolutely LOVE this one, and am so glad I got a 4-pack!

Finding descriptions on the Front Porch site is still one of my gripes.  The scent list is broken up into some rough categories, but I think it's also quite incomplete.  But whatever.  This is Pink Peppermint, which is usually a blend of the ever popular Pink Sugar perfume dupe, and peppermint.  If Front Porch adds anything else to it, I don't know.  On cold sniff, I can smell an equal balance of both the Pink Sugar and the peppermint.  The mint is much softer and sweeter in here, but is still very much there.  And Front Porch's version is way better than the one from another vendor I posted about recently.  I really like this one, but I like the marshmallow one above more.  (I got two of these.)

I had heard Lemon Marshmallow mentioned elsewhere and thought it sounded yummy.  I had to see for myself.  Another winner!  I can smell that same vanilla-buttery note in this one, so yeah, now I know it's the marshmallow making itself known.  That's very cool because usually mashmallow is quite weak.  I think I'm definitely going to explore whatever other marhsmallow blends Front Porch has.  Anyway!  Stay focused, Deb!  There is an obvious lemon note in here, bright and clean, but softened and sweetened by that marshmallow.  It's almost like a lemon cake.  I'm glad I got two of these!

I'm pretty sure Vanilla Noel is just a dupe for Vanilla Bean Noel (from Bath & Body Works).  If so, that would be a vanilla scent with hints of caramel and I think a bit of musk.  Smelling this cold, yep, that's what it smells like.  If you're not familiar with it, it's mainly a vanilla scent . . . creamy and sweet . . . but with rich buttery caramel undertones and just the lightest hints of musk to make it all pretty.  I really like this scent but it's more of a generic classic now.  Even so, still a great scent that doesn't even need to be reserved for Christmas.

Honey Almond sounded interesting.  I don't remember seeing this one getting any attention so I thought I'd give it a try.  So glad I did!  When I first smelled this little guy, I thought it was so close to my beloved Oatmeal, Milk & Honey soap scent.  After smelling it more and more, it still reminds me of that but I can tell it's quite different now.  You definitely get the almond note in here, almost like cherry.  There is sweetness from the honey right along with it.  Together they make a bright but sort of comforting scent.  I think I will be getting more of this whenever I start ordering again.

I do remember seeing a description for Country Cinnamon somewhere along the way.  It was more than just cinnamon . . . nutmeg or something? . . . and butter.  I'd seen others comment about this being the best cinnamon around because of the extra notes.  I'd been wanting something cinnamon-y for Christmas so I got one of these to try.  While it's not quite as strong as a pure old fashioned cinnamon scent like I'd been looking for, it is a delicious scent.  This absolutely reminds me of the cinnamon crumble topping I put on the Cherry Crisp dessert I make at Thanksgiving.  You do get the cinnamon in this, but it's softened by the other notes.  The nutmeg or whatever other spices add a more well rounded, warm spiciness, keeping it from being such a harsh biting type scent.  And then the butter undertones give it a sweetness.  This one seriously makes my hungry!  Oh my gosh, I can just about taste it!  Mmmmmmmm!  (Even so, this is not the Christmas type cinnamon scent I wanted.)

I am super duper uber happy with this order.  This might be the first time I've been so thrilled with ALL of the tarts, regardless what vendor.  And yeah, now I'm really wanting to go order more . . . LOL!!

I know many of you are more seasoned Front Porch pros than I am.  Have you had any of these scents?  What did you think of them?  What should go on my Must Try Next list?

7 comments:

  1. You picked some of the best scents!!! Marshmallow Peppermint Twist is one of my faves! I have one of Honey Almond...will have to try it. I am looking forward to your reviews of the peppermint ones after you melt them. To me, the peppermint is crazy strong in Pink Peppermint.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just want to melt them all at once, and keep ordering more. LOL! Darn you, evil enablers!!

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. Wow great haul ! I just received my first Front Porch order a few days ago,it was really small- 7 single grubby tarts, and since then I can't stop stalking the site either...let's just say the next order is going to be pretty big !! As of now I've only melted Lemon Marshmallow and Vanilla Noel and I loved them, they were so strong and yummy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't melted any from this order yet because I was puttering my way through some stuff from other vendors, but now I'm thinking 'Screw it!' and on my next day off will probably dive into these.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  3. "Anyway! Stay focused, Deb!" Lol!

    Your uber happy tartiness made me happy, lol. These things all sound so yummy. And I like the donut shape.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm anxious to order more but I've been amazingly good lately and resisted the urge. Have also been busy, so that helps. LOL

      I would like to just find one or two vendors and stick with them. This might be one of them.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  4. "Have also been busy, so that helps. LOL"

    Ha ;D

    ReplyDelete