Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Haus of Gloi - Small Haul

It's been probably a year since I've ordered from Haus of Gloi.  You know, that shop I love but always forget about . . . *ahem*  So anyway, I placed a small order because I realized I'm quite limited on my lotions at the moment.  I remember liking their pumpkin butters (body cream) and I saw a scent I wanted in a blog post about their Yule Reverie items, and decided it was time to revisit The Haus.

Winter Divinity - 'Sugary white vanilla divinity with a surprising jolt of peppermint.'

This is the one that made me order.  I immediately thought of the white candy that is common at Christmas.  (Too bad I can't find anyone who makes it.  The store bought stuff just isn't as good.)  I already know I like the product, and I think it was only available in the 4 oz. jar anyway, so that's what I got.  I think there is an error on my label though, because it says 1.8 oz.  Oops!  Anyway, the scent is not what I was expecting.  I thought there would be more of a sort of bakery note, maybe stronger on the vanilla, but I was surprised at how straight up peppermint candy cane it seems to be.  That's fine, it's a great scent, it just caught me a bit by surprise.  Although, once applied to the skin it seems to mellow into more of what I'd expected.  Hmm, interesting.  This is a very nice scent for Christmas or for winter in general.

Troika - 'A trinity of soft milks, almond, oat and coconut, lashed with sweet agave nectar and the ethereal scent of clean white.'

I also bought a small jar of pumpkin butter in Troika scent because I remember just absolutely loving this scent.  I think I said in my post from long ago that it reminds my of my mom for some bizarre reason.  Of course, I can't find that post now.  *grrr*  Well, it's a really pretty and sweet scent.  It's bright and light, with no one note in particular leading the way.  Love it.

I've never tried Haus of Gloi's sugar scrubs but decided to go ahead this time, and got a small jar of the bubbling scrub in Troika scent.  It looks like a fairly solid, dry-ish type consistency.  I've had several styles of scrubs from several places and they range from near liquid, oil filled types, to this much more solid form that will no doubt turn creamy once water hits it.  Can't wait to try this!

I recently ran completely out of lip balms here at home AND at work.  When I saw Hau of Gloi had balms in stock so I grabbed two.  I remember having a problem with the minty balm I had a while ago from them, but I doubt either of these have any mint in them so all should be fine.  I got a Gingersnap, and a Spun Sugar.  There were no descriptions for any of the balms.  I don't really get much scent from either.  The Gingersnap one has a sort of cookie note to it but it's very light just sniffing it from the tube.  I couldn't smell anything from the Spun Sugar tube so I applied some, and am getting a bit of soft, candy, sweetness.  And it went on sooooo nice and smooth.  No lip crushing force needed to feel some coverage.  Nice!

And then of course, you always get a small perfume oil sample with your order.  Mine is Hot Cocoa scent this time.  Described as 'A simple cup of hot coco with a few mostly melted marshmallows,' I can never get these little vials open without slopping the perfume all over, so I'm just going to assume it's as yummy as it sounds.

As you see, I did not order any bar soaps this time. That's because I just won that big basket of soaps from another vendor, and because I *still* have plenty of soaps left from last year's crazy soap buying days . . . not to mention my own that I made during that brief re-interest in making soap.

But I'm looking forward to enjoying these other products and hopefully I'll remember to keep Haus of Gloi a little higher on my priority list when it comes time to reorder such bath/body items in the future.

7 comments:

  1. Great haul! I'll be posting mine soon. Troika = amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Used the sugar scrub this morning. It was nice but the sugar sure doesn't last long, does it? Loved that Troika scent while using it though!

      Looking forward to YOUR haul post.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. Heh, here's your original post where you mention your mother, just in case it's still bugging you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, ha ... guess I hadn't said much more about it than just reminding my of my mom. It still does, and I still don't know why. lol

      ~Deb

      Delete
  3. The pics make me want to slather myself in that stuff. :D The lip balm sounds nice too. I must sniff Troika when we come over.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pumpkin butter seems to be taking care of the dryness that my previous lotion had been leaving me with. And I booted one bar of soap out of the shower and replaced it with the last of my old Haus of Gloi soaps. I really should be more dedicated to this vendor when it comes time to order more things. But nooo, I always forget and go elsewhere. Doh!

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete