Monday, December 31, 2012

Melted - Candles From The Keeping Room / Serendipity

Serendipity - 'This is a super sweet concoction....sweet thick creamy vanilla with powdered sugar..sweet cherry, sweet orange and citrus...and a hint of fresh coconut.' 

This is a super popular scent these days, although some try it and find it to be too sweet.  I had to try it, to see what all the fuss is about.  This is indeed sweet.  Wow.  There is enough of a creamy vanilla note to save it for me though.  I mainly get coconut and a sugary vanilla sweetness.  Maybe the cherry and citrus brighten things up but I don't detect them specifically or individually.  I don't know that I'd consider this tropical either, as coconut scents tend to be.  It's just a really bright, sweet, coconut scent.

I melted this whole 1 oz. tart in my tea light warmer and had a strong scent throw, easily detectable in all rooms downstairs in my house.  The scent itself was not overpowering but because it was so sweet I can see how some people find it to be too much.  As I'm finding with Candles From The Keeping Room tarts though, the scent seems to reach a peak early in the 4hr tea light burn and then taper off to about half strength for the remainder.  I could still smell light traces of this even a while after it cooled back down.

Overall, I quite enjoyed this . . . but it's easy to see how some people don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment