Sunday, December 23, 2012

Melted - Front Porch Candle Co. / Christmas Cookies & Eggnog

Christmas Cookies & Eggnog - '(In House Blend) Popular blend of Christmas Sugar Cookies and Eggnog...such a great seller it is an all year round scent.'

When I got this one, as noted in my haul post,  there was almost no scent and I didn't have much to say about it.  Maybe there really is something to 'curing' because it was plenty strong on cold throw when I got it out this morning, and when melted it was nice and strong.  *phew*

I melted this whole 1 oz. tart in my tea light warmer.  The dominant notes seemed to seesaw back and forth between the cookie part and the eggnog part.  At times I'd notice a really yummy, sort of buttery cookie scent, and other times I seemed to notice the creamy eggnog with just the slightest hint of spice.  I think overall it was stronger on the cookie note though.  It was a medium-strong scent and throw, creeping into most of the downstairs rooms (before hubby's coffee took over), but not with in an overpowering way.  It was gently scenting a large area, like in a way that people would think your house smells wonderful but they wouldn't necessarily think you had candles or something going.

This was a really nice scent for Christmas, warm and cozy, and I would definitely buy it again.

4 comments:

  1. I wish there were more in stock because I'd be using my gift certificate on it. :)

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooh, this sounds really nice! Christmas Cookies and Eggnog might go good together in real life, too!...if you're into that sort of thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never tried actual eggnog. It seems both yummy and gross at the same time. I don't know anyone close to me who does drink it so I can't even sample it. But Christmas cookies are a different story! LOL

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete