Friday, December 28, 2012

Melted - Front Porch Candle Co. / Peppermint Pumpkin

Peppermint Pumpkin - [no description]

When I received this one as part of a gift I thought 'What the heck?  Who would ever combine peppermint and pumpkin?!'  I was leery but intrigued.  Well, I melted it today and it was quite interesting!  Spice haters will probably want to stay far away from this one.  Although the peppermint was always present, as this warmed more it seemed to become more of a cinnamon-spice type scent but with a cool mint twist.  Once it was nice and warm and melted for for a while, I don't think I would have ever been able to pinpoint that it was either pumpkin or peppermint in here if I had not known what it was.  There was something just slightly warm and bakery as sort of a base, probably the pumpkin, but like I said the crispness/spiciness was always stronger.  

I melted this whole 1 oz. tart in my tea light warmer and while the scent was medium-to-strong, the throw was quite something.  It traveled through pretty much all of the downstairs of the house.  I suspect there would have been traces of it upstairs too if I'd gone up there at all during the day.  But it was lighter, more easy to take as it got farther away from the warmer.  Still, spice haters will probably still want to stay away from this one.

I must say though, I liked this in a totally fun 'What IS that?' kind of way, and hope it returns to Front Porch at some point.

6 comments:

  1. I sent you the wrong tart! I wanted to send you Peppermint Latte since I know you like the mint and the latte...but I guess I gave that to my cousin...who likes pumpkin scents...hmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooops! It was a goof that turned out fine on this end though. :)

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. WOW, what an intriguing combo! Tarts and candles with a "What the heck?!" are always appealing and strange, yet fun! I might try and get this in a single if I see it...now I'm curious!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Some combos make you wonder if they started out as accidents. And sometimes you get a free sample from somewhere in a scent you'd never think you'd order on your own but then find you really like it.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. If I ever see this one in stock again I will have to grab some. I wonder if she'll wait until fall or winter to add it again, if she ever does.

      ~Deb

      Delete