Monday, December 24, 2012

Melted - Scent Appeal / Baby, It's Cold Outside

Baby, It's Cold Outside - 'Pink sugar blended with crisp clean peppermint and vanilla bean.'

I'm finding I'm not a fan of Pink Sugar in tart form.  I loved the scent in soap back in my early soap making days, but because it's a perfume scent, I think that's why I prefer it in body products and not home fragrance.  Having said that, I don't hate this scent . . . it is quite nice with the mint added . . . but the Pink Sugar part makes me think 'Bleah.'  

I melted this whole 1+ oz. tart in my tea light warmer.  It has a nice throw, probably medium-strong, as I could smell it through about half of the downstairs of my house.  You pick up on the coolness of the mint in a really light, refreshing way, and then you recognize the sweetness of the Pink Sugar with all of it's candy-like notes.  I don't really pick up any extra vanilla in this one, but there is vanilla in Pink Sugar so it IS there, lurking among everything else.

While this was a pleasant enough scent, and I'm glad I tried it to see why it's so popular, I don't think I would buy this one again.  I have this scent from another vendor too, so I'm torn between trying it to see if there is any difference, or just passing it on to someone else.

**UPDATE**
I may have written this mini-review too soon.  I did it while the tart was still melting.  I noticed much later in the melt that the Pink Sugar lessened and a creamy vanilla mint took over a bit more, and THAT was a scent I really liked.  It even drifted upstairs, which was awesome.  Even so, I will probably just stick with regular vanilla mint mixes in the future, and avoid Pink Sugar blends.

2 comments:

  1. Have you tried Front Porch's version yet? The peppermint in that one is very strong. Can't smell that much Pink Sugar. Excited to try this one though - I like the Pink Sugar to be stronger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I noticed I have an empty wrapper for it in my pile but I really don't remember it at all. I have another one though, so I will have to pay more attention when I melt it.

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete