Monday, December 10, 2012

Melted - Tiffany Candles / Winter Dreams

Winter Dreams – 'Festive aroma of cinnamon,
clove & mulberry w/ hints of pine.'
 
I received this 4 oz. candle free with my order quite a while ago.  They were having a special were you could get a free candle with any purchase.  Since I was getting a head start on gathering my Christmas scents at that time, I told Tiffany to just surprise me with one of her winter/Christmas scents . . . and Winter Dreams is what she sent me.  I *LOVE* this scent!  At the time I had thought for sure I'd be ordering from Tiffany's again and had figured on getting this scent in tart form.  Turns out I never did place another order because I was having such iffy luck with the tarts.  I know they've changed their wax blend now, and I'm hearing that the scents and throw are much better now, so maybe I'll order again sometime in the future.  Not sure at this point.
 
Anyway, hubby prefers candles and since he spends most of his time in the living room, that's where we burn candles.  Since we're all about Christmas scents at the moment, we dug this one out of the stash and lit it up.  I wasn't expecting much, partly because candles tend to disappoint me and partly because the Tiffany tarts had disappointed me.  But this little guy surprised me!  It had a pretty darn good throw, could smell it throughout the whole house.  It was a lighter scent, but it carried well!

I'm not even sure how to describe the scent itself.  There is something almost creamy lurking in there, almost cookie-like, although I don't see anything like that in the description.  I don't think I'd recognize the pine if I didn't know it was there, and I don't really get cinnamon although there is something like warm spice.  I have no clue what actual mulberry smells like, so maybe that is what the sweet note is, maybe that's where the seemingly creamy note comes from?  Whatever is going on in this scent, I love it.


The candle burned great.  I love this 4 oz. mini jelly jar size.  I like that you can get through them quickly and move on to the next scent.  I don't feel as guilty about having several of these small candles as I do about having several large ones, because it takes forever to get through the big ones.  Well, at least it does for us.  And this one burned flawlessly . . . no smoke, no soot, no tunneling or tending needed.  I don't know how long it lasted, maybe three or four days of burning several hours in the evenings . . . ?

We burned this puppy down to the very bottom, till the wax around the outer edge had begun cooling and the flame was shrinking because the wick was burned down to nothing.  And it still has plenty of scent!  I could probably scrape the remaining bits of wax out of here and get one more melt out of it in my tea light warmer.  

So this was a surprise hit.  I knew I liked the scent, but I was not expecting to like the candle itself so much.  I think I would definitely order more of these small candles from Tiffany's, maybe even before I'd consider buying tarts from there.

Yep, this was a good one.

4 comments:

  1. That scent sounds interesting and yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was indeed. When Tiffany's reopens, I just might have to place a small order. You know, try the new wax and get more Winter Dreams.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. Have you ever tried her larger candles? It's insane: what you get for about $60 bucks is 5 large candles, and Yankee sells theirs at $30 a piece!! I hope you have a lot better luck with their products if you order again, their new wax is really great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not tried the larger candles. I only tried this one because it was a freebie with my order. I'll have to look at the larger ones when the site reopens.

      I like the small ones because they're quick to go through, and there is less chance of problems (tunneling, etc.).

      ~Deb

      Delete