Thursday, December 27, 2012

Melted - Various

I'm so sooooo behind on my individual scent review posts (the Melted series) that I'm just going to quickly run through what I've melted in the last week or so.  I have a pile of wrappers sitting here on my desk, and I really don't even remember details about most of them anymore.  As mentioned a couple times already, I don't know if I'll keep doing the Melted posts, and this shows why.  If I don't get to them right away, I tend to forget all the finer details.  On the other hand, now that the Christmas rush is over maybe I can get back on track.  I was so busy leading up to Christmas, my mind was not on blogging (ha, obviously), and I was frantically melting through so many tarts in an effort to get the Christmas scents used up . . . ugh.

So anyway, please excuse this pictureless and rushed run through of what I've melted lately.

In no particular order . . .
  • Warm Christmas (from Front Porch) 'Cinnamon, Spice, Nutmeg, Vanilla and Peppermint blend.'  I really don't remember anything about it.  Sniffing the wrapper, it smells nice, quite spicy and warm.  No clue anymore if it was strong or not.
  • Pink Peppermint (from Front Porch) [no description]  Pink Sugar/peppermint blend, I don't know if there is vanilla in the mix or not.  I've heard people say Front Porch's peppermint is really strong.  I melted two of these (at different times) and paid more attention to the second one, and I thought the Pink Sugar notes were quite strong.  I'd melted this blend from another vendor and thought the Pink was too strong for my liking, and this one was very similar.  I thought the peppermint in the Front Porch version was equal to the Pink Sugar at best, but not stronger.  Scent throw was decent, on the stronger side of medium.
  • Christmas Pudding (from Candles From The Keeping Room) 'A delightful blend from the keeping room, a sweet christmas plum pudding, with a sweet brown sugar burnt cream topping, covered in a rum soaked cloth..'  This one surprised me with how 'bakery' and warm it was.  I really don't know what Christmas pudding is but I was expecting something brighter and fruitier.  I was surprised, but I really liked it.  I don't remember how strong it was.
  • Peppermint Marshmallow (from Scent Appeal) 'Marshmallow blended with peppermint and a touch of creamy vanilla.'  Really don't remember this one anymore.  Sniffing the wrapper, it smells like a sweeter vanilla-mint blend.
  • Family Christmas (from Front Porch) 'Wonderful cozy warm blend of plums, berries, spruce, with fruity undertones and just reminds you of Christmas!!'  I was surprised I didn't like this one.  The spruce is strong in it, and I found that I didn't like spruce or pine or Christmas tree scents this year.  There was also a lot of sweet fruitiness.  It didn't strike me as 'cozy' at all.  I remember it being quite strong, but maybe that was just because I didn't like it.  Or maybe if hadn't been as strong, maybe a bit more subtle in the air, maybe I would have liked it . . . ?
  • Vanilla Noel (from Front Porch) 'A blend of vanilla, cream, with caramel undertones.'  A dupe of Vanilla Bean Noel from Bath & Body Works, this was plain ol' yummy as VBN always is.  It's warm and creamy, sweet, with very slight hints of buttery saltiness from the caramel.  If I remember correctly, it had a strong throw.  A classic scent that I would buy again.
  • Creamy Spiced Eggnog (from Better Homes & Gardens / Walmart) [no description]  I had this going pretty much all Christmas day.  It was strong like the Walmart tarts always are, almost too strong at some points.  I never know how to describe eggnog.  This was good (or I wouldn't have kept it going all day), with a sort of creamy warmth from the vanilla that I'm assuming is in eggnog.  There was a slight 'sour' note that I'm pretty sure is an identifying note in eggnog, and there was the sort of rum note.  This had some spiciness to it, but it was soft and warm and buried in the other notes.
  • Chocolate Peppermint Truffle (from Better Homes & Gardens / Walmart) [no description]  I *love* this scent.  I don't know how long Walmart's Christmas wax will be on sale for $1.00 but this is one I might have to go stock up on.  Although I usually don't like chocolate scents in tarts, this one just works.  You definitely do get both the chocolate notes and the mint notes.  It reminds me of mint chocolate chip ice cream, or the mint chocolate candle from Bath & Body Works.  There is a creaminess, and the chocolate keeps the mint from being too overwhelming but even so, it is definitely a mint scent.  It has a strong throw, but it's not too heavy in the air.  Love this one.
And that is it for the pile of empty wrappers that has been accumulating on my desk.  Again, hopefully I can get back on track now that life will hopefully be slowing back down to normal/boring.  I also want to try limiting myself to just one or two main vendors in the new year, instead of just buying from any new vendor that catches my eye.  Most vendors have the same scents anyway.  I'd like to find a shop that I'm happy with, and just get to know all of their scents and products.  I have four shops in mind, and each has its own pros and cons.  We'll see how it goes.  I also have a fairly large order coming from Front Porch because I received two gift certificates for there, so I will do my haul post when that gets here.

Soooooo, that's my crappy attempt and getting caught up.  I do have several other posts I'm hoping to get written today.  Not guaranteeing anything though!  In the meantime, hope you all had a great Christmas (or whichever winter holiday you celebrate, if any).  Did you get anything wax related???  Do tell!

10 comments:

  1. I got this! https://www.waxvac.com/

    Just kidding.

    Your house smelled good when we were there.

    Yay, you made your order! :)) Were you giggling like a schoolgirl?

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL on the wax vac. I've seen commercials for that and have wondered if it would work as a snot vac. LOL!

    I wasn't giggling because I was slightly frustrated, but you'd need to know more about the way that company works to understand why. They don't get a regular list of what's available. It's like a daily changing kind of thing and you have to grab the ones you want when you see them. I didn't know if I'd be able to split up the gift certificate into smaller purchases over a few days, so I just picked a bunch of random ones to try. Also needed to get it done before Jan. 1 because their prices are going up. Still, should have fun with what I have coming. Thanks again!

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, no problem! I hope it's a good order.

    Wax vac--LOL--oh my God, I HATE the part on the commercial with the guy shoving the Q-tip in his year and yelling "OW!!" It makes me jump and is physically painful and I especially hate it because Why are you shoving it so far in your ear that it hurts?????!!!!!?? I just love the moronicness in those types of commercials, where it becomes physically impossible to flip a pancake without burning your house down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Re: "OW!" guy - I know! I'm like 'Why are you ramming it into your head?' and Kurth asked why he's holding it like a dagger (or whatever he said). VERY annoying.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  5. Christmas always sort of throws everything off! I was sick all weekend and all this week, so I haven't been melting ANYTHING. You did get through a lot of nice stuff, it seems...Chocolate Peppermint Truffle sounds divine. :) Hope you had a very wonderful Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, yucky on being sick over Christmas. :(

      Well, I was back at Walmart and did not grab any $1.00 Chocolate Peppermint Truffle packs. I'm trying to cut spending but dangdangdang when I think about that scent I'm thinking I need to go grab some before they're gone. I mean, geez, they're only $1.00!

      ~Deb

      Delete
  6. Super excited to try Chocolate Peppermint Truffle!!!

    ReplyDelete