So anyway, please excuse this pictureless and rushed run through of what I've melted lately.
In no particular order . . .
- Warm Christmas (from Front Porch) 'Cinnamon, Spice, Nutmeg, Vanilla and Peppermint blend.' I really don't remember anything about it. Sniffing the wrapper, it smells nice, quite spicy and warm. No clue anymore if it was strong or not.
- Pink Peppermint (from Front Porch) [no description] Pink Sugar/peppermint blend, I don't know if there is vanilla in the mix or not. I've heard people say Front Porch's peppermint is really strong. I melted two of these (at different times) and paid more attention to the second one, and I thought the Pink Sugar notes were quite strong. I'd melted this blend from another vendor and thought the Pink was too strong for my liking, and this one was very similar. I thought the peppermint in the Front Porch version was equal to the Pink Sugar at best, but not stronger. Scent throw was decent, on the stronger side of medium.
- Christmas Pudding (from Candles From The Keeping Room) 'A delightful blend from the keeping room, a sweet christmas plum pudding, with a sweet brown sugar burnt cream topping, covered in a rum soaked cloth..' This one surprised me with how 'bakery' and warm it was. I really don't know what Christmas pudding is but I was expecting something brighter and fruitier. I was surprised, but I really liked it. I don't remember how strong it was.
- Peppermint Marshmallow (from Scent Appeal) 'Marshmallow blended with peppermint and a touch of creamy vanilla.' Really don't remember this one anymore. Sniffing the wrapper, it smells like a sweeter vanilla-mint blend.
- Family Christmas (from Front Porch) 'Wonderful cozy warm blend of plums, berries, spruce, with fruity undertones and just reminds you of Christmas!!' I was surprised I didn't like this one. The spruce is strong in it, and I found that I didn't like spruce or pine or Christmas tree scents this year. There was also a lot of sweet fruitiness. It didn't strike me as 'cozy' at all. I remember it being quite strong, but maybe that was just because I didn't like it. Or maybe if hadn't been as strong, maybe a bit more subtle in the air, maybe I would have liked it . . . ?
- Vanilla Noel (from Front Porch) 'A blend of vanilla, cream, with caramel undertones.' A dupe of Vanilla Bean Noel from Bath & Body Works, this was plain ol' yummy as VBN always is. It's warm and creamy, sweet, with very slight hints of buttery saltiness from the caramel. If I remember correctly, it had a strong throw. A classic scent that I would buy again.
- Creamy Spiced Eggnog (from Better Homes & Gardens / Walmart) [no description] I had this going pretty much all Christmas day. It was strong like the Walmart tarts always are, almost too strong at some points. I never know how to describe eggnog. This was good (or I wouldn't have kept it going all day), with a sort of creamy warmth from the vanilla that I'm assuming is in eggnog. There was a slight 'sour' note that I'm pretty sure is an identifying note in eggnog, and there was the sort of rum note. This had some spiciness to it, but it was soft and warm and buried in the other notes.
- Chocolate Peppermint Truffle (from Better Homes & Gardens / Walmart) [no description] I *love* this scent. I don't know how long Walmart's Christmas wax will be on sale for $1.00 but this is one I might have to go stock up on. Although I usually don't like chocolate scents in tarts, this one just works. You definitely do get both the chocolate notes and the mint notes. It reminds me of mint chocolate chip ice cream, or the mint chocolate candle from Bath & Body Works. There is a creaminess, and the chocolate keeps the mint from being too overwhelming but even so, it is definitely a mint scent. It has a strong throw, but it's not too heavy in the air. Love this one.
Soooooo, that's my crappy attempt and getting caught up. I do have several other posts I'm hoping to get written today. Not guaranteeing anything though! In the meantime, hope you all had a great Christmas (or whichever winter holiday you celebrate, if any). Did you get anything wax related??? Do tell!