(I'm not even going to bother looking for scent descriptions because that is one area of the website that needs huge improvement.)
- Blackberry Marshmallow - I don't even know what a blackberry smells like but this is a deep, dark berry smell, almost hints of grape. Only slight sweet marshmallow note at this point.
- Mrs. Claus Cookies - Pepperminty with a slight cookie note. Love it. Got two of these.
- Buttercream Drizzled Bread - I think I heard somewhere that all of Front Porch's 'bread' scents are zucchini bread and I'm not a fan of that scent. My first sniff of this was like -wham!- zucchini bread. The sweetness of the buttercream is faint, and comes to you much later. Maybe it will be better when warmed, but I'm not a fan right now.
- Fresh Baked Bread - Having just said that about the zucchini bread, I ordered this hoping it would be a regular bread scent. On cold sniff, I'm not sure. I don't get that immediate zucchini-moist-bread note, so maybe it is just plain old bread. We'll see when it's warmed.
- Ultimate Bakery - I know this is supposed to be a mix of a bunch of things like apple and pastry, and I forget what else. On cold sniff I"m kinda like 'Ugh.' I think I get a bit of apple and spice, but it just seems like a weird blah mix right now.
- Raspberry Filled Bread - I'm getting about an equal mix of raspberry and bread right now. I'm unsure about this one too. Maybe breads just aren't my thing.
- Oatmeal, Milk & Honey - Yay! Please, please, please let it be like the version I love from soap . . . and it is pretty darn close. At first I wanted to say it was dead on but then a sort of perfumey note comes chasing at the end. Still very nice though. Hope that perfume goes away when warmed.
- Lemon Bliss - OMG, love this! Zippy tart lemon right off the bat, but with a creaminess following close behind. Sort of a Pledge/cleaner type lemon but I'm not too picky about that the way some people are.
- Lemon Bread - Bleah. I should have passed on the breads. There is a candy-like lemon note but the immediate bread note kinda kills it for me.
- Lemon Cookies - I'm on a lemon kick here, did ya notice? This one is yummy but I like Lemon Bliss way more. The lemon is softer in this, sweetened by the cookie notes.
- Citrus Explosion - Thought this would be a good pick-me-up for later in winter when we have cabin fever. Wow this one is zesty. It almost chokes, sort of tickles the back of your throat. I think there is a bit of orange in here but it seems lighter, with more zing, like maybe grapefruit or something. It's an eye opener for sure.
- Coffee & Cookies - Love me some coffee scents, and ohhh this one is good. It's a black coffee, with just a trace of that black coffee bitterness, but sweetened overall by the cookie notes. Nice!!
- Lemon Orange Pastry - Yummy! Equal mix of lemon and orange make a bright, perky scent while the pastry lends just enough bakery to warm it slightly. One sniff, I think there is more lemon. Another sniff, I think there is more orange. This one is fun.
- Blackberry Butter Jam Cookies - Everyone is raving about this scent so I had to try it. I'm not getting much at the moment, a faint berry scent and very faint sweetness. Will have to wait till I warm this to see how it is.
- Cafe Mocha - I can never what all the coffee variations are. Mocha has chocolate in it? This one is not nearly as good as Coffee & Cookies. This one has a bitterness, and if there is chocolate, well that's probably what's killing it for me. There is something distracting from the coffee, and I'm not a fan of chocolate scents.
- Strawberry Marshmallow Bread - Quick whiff of strawberry on first sniff, then the bread note takes over. It's sort of a bright scent in a weird way. I might like this one. Or maybe I'll gather up the bread ones and do a Bread Sampler Giveaway. Hmmm.....
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake - I've heard people talk about this scent from various vendors and I thought I'd give it a try. Wow, interesting. Definitely pineapple, which I like. And then some sweetness and warmth but not a distinct 'cake' scent.
- Vanilla Noel - I'm assuming this is the traditional dupe of Vanilla Bean Noel from Bath & Body Works, which is yummy vanilla, caramel, rum, and musk . . . or something like that. Love it.
- Warm Vanilla & Sweet Sugar - I *think* this is another B&BW dupe, this time for Warm Vanilla Sugar, which I also love. This has more musk or something, much more of a perfumey scent.
- Lemonberry Crumble - Yummy! Bright lemon and something else fruity, and some creaminess, maybe cookie notes. There is no spice like I would imagine in a 'crumble' topping.
- Sugary Marshmallow - Mix of marshmallow and Warm Vanilla & Sweet Sugar. The scent is light right now but I get the marshmallow note first, which is quite alright with me. There is a faint perfume-i-ness surrounding it.
- Raspberry Marshmallow - Strong on the raspberry, with the marshmallow coming in as an afterthought.
- Chocolate Marshmallow - The scents that go into sampler packs are preselected. I wouldn't have chosen a chocolate scent on my own. And yeah, not liking this one. Very strong, slightly bitter chocolate scent . . . which now tells me the Cafe Mocha is pretty much just this chocolate scent. I don't get any marshmallow sweetness in cold sniff. Bleah.
- Blackberry Marshmallow Butter Jam Cookies - I get the blackberry note first. There is something creamy, probably cookie-like in the background, and maybe a slight hint of marshmallow.
- Lemon Marshmallow - I already have several of these. Obviously I love this scent. A sweet, creamy lemon. Yummy yummers!
- Blueberry Marshmallow - Light at the moment. I do get some blueberry scent, which is very nice, and a soft sweetness mixed with it.
- Purple Marshmallow - I think the 'purple' is from Purple Cow, which I believe is grape and ice cream or something like that. This is grape right off the bat, with very light sweetness in the background.
- Cranberry Marshmallow - This one was interesting as soon as I saw it. The cranberry reminds me of fall, slightly spiced, but the marshmallow sweetens and softens it. I like this. Might hang onto it for next fall.
- Cranberries Sprinkled With Sugar - Speaking of cranberries . . . lol . . . I got TWO free packs of this scent. This one is NICE. I did look up the description and it says it is spiced cranberries blended with 'Just Sugar,' but of course I can't find 'Just Sugar' listed anywhere so I don't know what that is. Sniffing this cold, it is a gorgeous spiced cranberry scent but not too harsh or strong on the spice. There IS something else but I can't figure out what I'm smelling. It's a gorgeous scent though. While it does make me think of fall, I'd be willing to melt this anytime.
- Nana's Banana Pudding - Yummy! If you like banana, that is. An inyerface smack of banana, and then something soft and sweet, slightly warm underneath. I like it, but I know a lot of people do not like banana scents. This was another free pack.
- Bird of Paradise - This is supposed to be tropical if I remember correctly. I get strawberry and some creaminess, and some pineapple maybe? Coconut? A sweet, happy scent.
Prices have also changed as of Jan. 1, so to tell you what I paid wouldn't matter anymore. A majority of this haul was made possible by the gift certificates I'd gotten. Prices might seem a bit high at first but keep in mind that Front Porch has free shipping. It doesn't matter if you order one little tart or a huge boxful, shipping will always be free. So the slightly higher price works in the end.
It's getting easier to actually order from Front Porch now. Stock added each weekday afternoon. Shipping times have gotten faster too. She only waits to combine two or three orders now, and from I've heard usually ships within the week now. She used to wait 7-10 days or something, combining whatever orders you placed in that time, and then it was another week or something to get your order. I'm glad things are faster now. I ordered on Dec. 25, 26, and 27, and received my combined package on Jan. 4 (with a holiday in the middle).
I've admitted before that I've changed my tune about this vendor. I used to be so frustrated and confused and said I'd never give them another moment of my time. Ha, ok. Well, I do admit things are getting better there, and I hear there will be even more improvements coming. But I do still have some sore points. One that I already mentioned is that I wish someone would update and tend the scent list on the site. I'm tempted to volunteer myself! It also irks me that it seems like only the same handful of popular scents are ever added even though stock is added five days a week now AND she asks for requests on the Facebook page. I've requested the same few things over and over and over. I've even asked about them in private emails while she worked on a problem with my gift certificates, but still, I've never seen any of them added. Hopefully one of the changes they're hinting at will be a wider variety of stock. I mean, why have a list of so many scents if you're not offering them?
Enough of my whining.
So that is my big fat post-holiday haul from Front Porch. This should last me a while, especially since I want to try getting back to melting them until the scent is gone, instead of one tea light melt and move on to the next. Actually, I don't even know if these tarts are strong enough to go through a second melting. (I use tea light warmers.) We shall see!
I will be keeping an eye one the daily additions but I doubt I will be ordering for a while, unless I see some of the brown sugar scents (or maple, or butterscotch) that I've been requesting. Or maybe more Lemon Bliss if I see that one.
No, Deb. No. You will not order more.
Anyway, I will try to do more detailed descriptions as I melt each one. If there is anything you'd like me to melt first, let me know! I'd also love to hear what you think, if you've already tried any of these.