Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Melted - BeauxSavonsFrais / Oatmeal Honey

Oatmeal Honey - [no description]

I received this as part of a gift.  I've never ordered from this vendor although they did have a recent burst of recognition among the YouTube crowd.  I hadn't considered ordering either since the reviews were so mixed, and mostly unimpressive.  Even so, when I saw how cute this pie tart was, and especially when I saw the scent, I was excited.

I've tried a couple other Oatmeal, Milk & Honey scented tarts but have not found one that is anywhere close the scent I love so much from my soap days.  This one is very close though!  Ohhh, I was so happy!  I'm sure most of you are familiar with the scent.  It's sweet and homey, foodie but not to overly bakery.  This does not have the heavy cereal or grain note that the others have had.  It's just so warm and yummy!

Unfortunately all of that was from cold sniff.  I melted this whole 1+ oz. tart in my tea light warmer and got very little scent and no throw.  I had been warned about this.  It took a while for this tart to even melt, and then it was a while longer before I detected any scent from it.  Then I just forgot I even had a tart going for most of the four hours a tea light lasts.  Only when I happened to walk right past the warmer and stir up the air around it did I notice any scent.

Bummer.

10 comments:

  1. Lots of people online vare mixed about BSF: have heard that their tarts have mild or no scent throw, and I've heard that their stuff is fabulous. It's always so disappointing when you're so looking forward to a scent on cold sniff and it is a letdown!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, and I had to laugh when The Clique was all over this vendor at first and then quickly switched to someone else when they couldn't find much good to say. Kinda the same with that cupcake one, whatever it's called.

      Always a bummer that tarts don't perform but I had no intention of ordering from here anyway so I'm not too upset.

      Have you tried them?

      ~Deb

      Delete
    2. Have you tried anything from Cupcake Candles? I have a few I'm going to start melting for my weekend wax review...we shall see how they are.

      I personally haven't tried BSF, no, but I was thinking about it...I trust your judgment and we seem to have a lot of the same experiences with vendors, so maybe I'll think twice!

      I always laugh when you call them The Clique, LOL! You're too funny. :P

      Delete
    3. No, I haven't tried Cupcake Candles. Is that the one that sent out boxes? Seems there are a couple 'cupcake' named ones making the rounds lately.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. I had the same experience with this tart! And it smelled soooooooooooo good on cold sniff. So sad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You use a hot plate warmer, right? And I use tea light warmers. The area I melted it in is large and open. What about yours? I'm just covering bases here. I'd like to say "This should work great in small rooms," but I'm thinking that would even be iffy.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I should just try melting some Oatmeal, Milk & Honey soap to get the scent! :P

      ~Deb

      Delete
  4. Aw that's too bad, I've heard mixed things about BSF too so I probably won't be ordering from there. I ordered the same scent from Front Porch, I'll let you know how it is :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got it from Front Porch too, just got it the other day. Haven't melted it yet but cold sniff smells promising. :)

      ~Deb

      Delete