Monday, January 21, 2013

Melted - Front Porch Candle Co. / Mrs. Claus' Cookies

Mrs. Claus' Cookies - (In House Blend) Yummy Christmas Cookies
topped with icing and peppermint chips.

I didn't receive this until after Christmas but wow, I wish I'd had it before. Peppermint is the predominate note but even so, it's not a sharp minty scent.  It is softened and warmed a lot by the cookie notes, which are almost equal in the blend.  When I say 'cookie' I mean baked goods note, not just a generic vanilla note.  It's like a nice warm sugar cookie, all done up in sweet frosting with pretty sprinkles.  Years ago a coworker added crushed candy cane bits and dust to a simple sugar cookie recipe and this scent absolutely makes me think of those cookies.  Makes me hungry, and makes me sad that Christmas has come and gone already.

I melted this whole 1 oz. tart in my tea light warmer and had medium-strong scent with a light-medium throw.  It's a near perfect amount of scent in room my warmer is in, but only faint traces can be detected in adjacent rooms.  This is probably fine for people who use multiple warmers, so your scents don't overlap, but I just use one at a time and would have liked a bit more scent to reach farther away.  But still, the subtle hints I pick up in other areas are still very nice with that slight refreshing peppermint note just lightly in the air.  The scent did seem to fade quite a bit by the end of one tea light burn though (about four hours).

Overall, this one is a winner.  (Luckily, I have one more!)

5 comments:

  1. "Makes me hungry, and makes me sad that Christmas has come and gone already."
    I will avoid this one because I am currently starving and missing Christmas really badly! :(
    ....hahaha, kidding! This sounds really interesting, peppermint and cookies?! Hmmmmm! Very intriguing! Do you think the tea light burners make tarts perform for less time? I have heard some people say that in the past...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most people don't even use tea light warmers so I know a lot of people are quick to blame them, but people also think 24w warmers burn scent away too fast so who knows.

      I should become a Highly Clinical & Scientific Tart Tester. There are so many 'tests' I'd love to do.

      But anyway, yes, peppermint and cookies is DIVINE!!!! You should look for it. I don't know if she'll stock it again before next Christmas but since you do destashes, maybe someone out there has one/some. It's yummy for sure!!

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. "Years ago a coworker added crushed candy cane bits and dust to a simple sugar cookie recipe and this scent absolutely makes me think of those cookies."

    Now I want to eat these fabled long-gone cookies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You make Jack Frost cupcakes this year for Christmas, and I'll make peppermint Christmas cookies.

      ~Deb

      Delete