Monday, January 21, 2013

Melted - Front Porch Candle Co. / Orange Danish & Coffee

Orange Danish & Coffee - (In House Blend) One of our most popular coffee scents.
Sit down with your morning coffee and orange danish and enjoy!

On cold sniff, this is a delicious scent.  I could smell the sweetness from the danish, and even a very light hint of orange ... could just imagine that orange icing drizzling down the sides of a still warm danish.  The coffee note was light on cold sniff.  The scent did a complete flip-flop when warmed.  Coffee was the main note, and while not too harsh it did have a bit of that bitterness that comes with strong black coffee scents.  The yummy, sticky, sweet orange danish scent was gone.  There was a soft sweet note, but nothing I'd recognize as orange or danish.  It was just an ok scent while warm, didn't love it, didn't hate it.

The scent itself was rather light. Melting this entire 1 oz. tart in my tea light warmer, I only got a light-medium scent at best, and weak throw. I could smell it easily in the general area of my warmer, but not much if was on the far side of the room. There was a very faint hint of coffee scent in the air in the next room every once in a while. Because it was light in general, I didn't pay much attention to if it faded by the end of a four hour tea light.

An average scent, but I'd probably not choose this one again.

4 comments:

  1. I remember liking this one! Will have to melt another this week, can't remember the specifics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you do melt one, I'm curious if the sweet part of it stays strong for you.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. This sounds good in theory, but coffee scents just overpower everything in the senses, I think...it'd probably really hard to not make it too bitter or too strong since coffee in real life is super potent. At least this one wasn't a skunky coffee. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love coffee scents ... can't drink it, but love to smell it! There have been plenty that don't have the bitter note to it. This particular one wasn't overly bitter, was just pointing out that the coffee note was a strong black coffee.

      I didn't hate this one, was just sad that the sweetness had gone.

      ~Deb

      Delete