Thursday, January 24, 2013

Melted - Front Porch Candle Co. / Strawberry Marshmallow Bread

Strawberry Marshmallow Bread - [no description available]

Hated this one.  In fact, I didn't even have it in the warmer long enough for it to fully melt.  I knew when I ordered this that I did not like zucchini bread scents, and I knew that Front Porch's bread scents are apparently zucchini bread 99% of the time.  However, I thought I loved their marshmallow scents and I must have thought that would outweigh the icky zucchini bread notes or something.  Not in the least!  On cold sniff I did get a nice, soft strawberry scent, and some of that yummy sweet marshmallow scent, but once this was starting to warm that zucchini charged to the forefront.  There was a bit of sweetness but not distinctly strawberry.

This smelled like Cheerios to me.

Like I said, this was in the warmer maybe five minutes.  There was immediate strong scent, but it just wasn't a scent that I liked.  I suppose I could have stuck with it for a while, see if that strawberry marshmallow would come back, but nah . . . I blew out the tea light and decided to salvage this poor tart, maybe pass it on to someone else.

So while this was a huge fail for me, keep in mind it's because I don't like zucchini bread scents, and not because the scent itself is bad.  I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who think this is a fabulous scent.  I'm just not one of them.

13 comments:

  1. I haven't tried out any zucchini bread scents yet. I'll have to try them out some time because there are so many varying descriptions of them I really have no clue how they're supposed to smell besides "bready"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't like the sort of salty, 'moist' note they have. It's sort of a warm, stuffy ickiness. I don't know that I've ever had a regular bread scent, like a fresh baked bread, in tarts but I do love the scent of it in real life, and zucchini bread is very VERY different.

      Obviously I am in the minority though because the zucchini bread craze is still going strong. Bleah.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. That's a bummer this one didn't work out for you. I tend to steer clear of FP breads too because I'm not a zucchini bread fan either. I've tried, oh I've definitely tried to like it but it's just not happening. I had a Strawberry Marshmallow Bread from LSC that was delicious, no zuc bread notes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would like to find some nice bread scents that are NOT zucchini. Good to hear that Lasting Scents has something like that, but their turn around time always scares me off. I haven't ever ordered from there yet because of it. :(

      ~Deb

      Delete
  3. "Front Porch's bread scents are apparently zucchini bread 99% of the time..."

    WHAT?! I had no idea!!! GAH!! That explains so much! There's always such a weird vegetable saltiness to the bread scents. Sorry you didn't like this one, though. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I had read directly from her in Facebook group that her zucchini bread and Amish Friendship Bread are the same scent. Then I read a bit later that most (if not all) of her bread scents in general use zucchini bread. Bleah!!

      ~Deb

      Delete
  4. I wonder if I'd like or hate the zucchini bread scent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think you would, but who knows ... so many people love it. I don't even have any left here because I shipped them all off to someone who happily adopted them from me.

      ~Deb

      Delete
    2. Oh that's fine--I was just thinking out loud.

      Delete
    3. But now we'll all forever wonder.

      ~Deb

      Delete
    4. Next order I place from anywhere tarty, if they have zucchini bread scents, I'm getting you one.

      ~Deb

      Delete