Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Melted - Ollie's Soaps / Vanilla Frosted Grahams

Vanilla Frosted Grahams - [no description available]

I didn't realize when I order this scent from Ollie's Soaps that I already had four cubes of this scent from another vendor, something I'd gotten in a swap or as a gift some time ago.  I also didn't remember that when I melted those other cubes recently, that one of the scents from Ollie's that was sitting in my tart cupboard was the same thing.  LOL - Did you follow that?

This is such a yummy scent, sort of warm and comforting.  I've said it before but who would ever think that a boring ol' graham cracker could smell so interesting and so GOOD?  And then add just a bit more sweetness from the vanilla frosting.  Mmmmm!  This is not spicy, not overly sugary.  It is very much a foodie, bakery scent, plain and simple.  It's one of those scents that makes you think something good is baking, not that you have a candle burning.

I first melted just one of the .6 oz. donut tarts in my tea light warmer.  I got very noticeable scent almost right away, but it only really reached a soft-medium strength and throw.  It was very nice in the room my warmer is in, but not much beyond that general area.  The scent had nearly faded by the time the tea light burned out (about four hours).  Then I took another of my tea light warmers, one with a larger dish, and melted the remaining three donut tarts all in one shot.  Again, there was an initial burst of strong scent, then it settled down to a light/medium throw, and again faded by the end of the tea light.

A very pleasing scent while it lasted, just wish it had hung around longer.

4 comments:

  1. I just ordered this scent from The Bathing Garden! It sounds so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was The Bathing Garden that my other cubes of this scent were from. :)

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. It's a shame this one fizzled after a while, the scent sounds awesome! Does the scent of grahams convert well in wax??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've found that I *LOVE* graham cracker scent in wax. It was plain ol' Graham Crackers from Sweet Fixations that surprised me and opened my eyes. You'd think it would be boring ... I mean, a graham cracker seems so boring in general, but sometimes the simple things are the best.

      ~Deb

      Delete