Saturday, January 19, 2013

Walmart / Better Homes & Gardens Quickie

I checked Walmart again today for any new 'spring' tarts.  Did not see any yet, but I did take a closer look at the Better Homes & Gardens large jar candles that are on display in the main aisle.  I don't buy these candles but since they seem to often be in the same scents as the tarts, I thought it might be a heads up to what scents will be coming.

Anyway, just a quickie list of the scents I saw in candle form . . .
  • Heirloom Magnolia Blossom
  • Country Sandalwood Vanilla
  • Red Rose Bouquet
  • Freshly Picked Flowers
  • Creamy Tahitian Coconut
  • Iced Raspberry Sangria
  • Soft Cashmere Amber
(I don't know how many of these are *new* because I know for a fact that Soft Cashmere Amber has been a constant in the tart lineup forever.)
I only sniffed one, and I think that was Freshly Picked Flowers.  (It was a purple one.)  Now, I'm not generally a floral fan but that one smelled awesome!  It was a sweet, beautiful scent.  Possibly some lilac in that one.  It will be perfect for spring and summer!  I hope these DO show up in tart form!

Have YOU seen any new scents at your Walmart?

***UPDATE***
I've watched a couple random wax videos and one new scent that's popping up is Pure White Woods.  One woman insists it is a dead-on dupe of the Mahogany Teakwood candle from Bath & Body Works, another woman says it's a dupe of a mens cologne but she couldn't think of which one.  I'm curious about this one now.  Don't know if I'll like it or buy it, but I really want to find it and at least sniff it.

Another that was mentioned was Calming Lavender Sunshine.  I know there are a lot of lavender lovers out there.  I've also seen Chilled Berry Bellini mentioned.  Usually my Walmart is pretty on top of things, but they seem to be lacking in tart trends lately!

11 comments:

  1. Added a small update to the end of the post, a couple other scents I've seen mentioned.

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update! I haven't seen any of the florals but I've been able to get the bellini, sangria, coconut and a salted lime margarita one. I got these in the fall of this year (maybe my walmart got a preview)? I hate florals too, so i usually ignore them.

    I haven't tried them yet, but the margarita is my favorite cold!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok yeah, I thought that sangria one was familiar. I think I saw that in my store last summer or early fall. I thought I'd seen someone mention the maragarita one a while ago too on YouTube, but I have yet to see it in my store. The bellini one seemed new to me, and there are always so many names/versions of coconut things it's hard to keep track of what's 'new.'

      I was just thinking this morning that I wish they'd come out with some nice lemon scents for spring/summer. *fingers crossed*

      ~Deb

      Delete
  3. That Lavender Sunshine one sounds pretty good. Have you ever smelled Flower Shop from Slatkin/B&BW, from last year?? I generally steer clear of floral scents, but that one was a breath of fresh air...WOW, was it powerful! I don't think they are bringing it back which makes me sad, but if the name is any indication, Freshly Picked Flowers sounds slightly similar?? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I've smelled Flower Shop. I very rarely go to B&BW. The Walmart one was really nice though, even though everyone knows I'm not a floral fan. I might have to get one of the candles for spring, because hubby likes to burn candles in the living room and he also likes floral scents. (I'm hoping it comes in tart form though!)

      ~Deb

      Delete
  4. I'll have to try to remember to sniff a Freshly Picked Flowers candle when I go this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha--I was just coming here to say I did!! I actually went yesterday and remembered to sniff. I liked it--it reminded me of Grandma's apartment. Well, her house too, although I barely remember it.

      And I wound up buying an Iced Raspberry Sangria candle. :D It smelled really, really good when I sniffed it. But it's been burning for a couple hours in the very room I'm sitting in, and I barely smell it. It might be one of those "If I leave the room and come back maybe I'll notice it" things, though ... Oh weird--as soon as I got off the couch I smelled it. Went upstairs to see if it had traveled up there, but I stopped smelling it as soon as I got to the stairs.

      I like it, but wish it were stronger. My Cinnamon Chai WoodWick candle of yesteryear beats it.

      Delete
    2. I noticed some of those smaller 3-wick 'bowl' candles (Mainstays brand) in spring scents, and was tempted to get one. I didn't though, because the fall scent ones I had were failures. On the other hand, the one I had earlier in the year had been perfect and awesome. Ohhh, that's why candles bother me.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  5. Pure white woods smells like mahogany teakwood from bbw....both smell like an abercrombie & Fitch store. I haven't burned them yet, but I think I will like them.

    ReplyDelete