Monday, February 4, 2013

Haus of Gloi Micro-Haul

Haus of Gloi has come out with a new product called 'butterbombs.'  These little guys debuted during the recent Valentine release.  I've said before that I am not a bath lounger.  I don't normally partake in the apparent joys of things like bath bombs and bubble bars.  I've also said I would like to START taking leisurely soaks in the tube.  I've also ALSO said that I'm not buying anything extra these days while we beat some debt into submission.  I just couldn't resist these though.  I'd seen some sneak peek pics on the Haus of Gloi blog and thought they were just so dang cute, looking like little scoops of cookie dough or something.  I was good though, and only ordered two.  (And one is not even for me!)

Of the scents listed in the Valentine release, Toasted is the one that most interested me.  It's described as 'Reminiscent of warm milk, aromatic rice and burnt sugar.'  I'm not sure just what I expected that to smell like but I had a bit of a 'Eeuw' reaction when I first sniffed this.  It's a lot more 'dry,' almost reminding me of a bread scent, which must be the rice note.  There is a 'burnt' note but not overwhelming like something blackened and scorched onto the bottom of a pan.  This is not very sweet at all.  I don't know about this.  Guess we'll find out once I eventually use it.
These things are small.  Compared to Lush's ginormous monstrosities, you almost wonder how this little thing is going to be enough to DO anything.  This is slightly smaller than a ping pong ball or golf ball, maybe like half of a ball.  And they look so moist and edible in all the pictures I've seen but they are actually dry.  I'm told you are supposed to crumble the butterbomb under running water as your tub fills, and that it is somewhere between a bath bomb and bubble bar.  We shall see!!

The other one I got is White Blueberry, and I'm sure the person it's intended for has realized just by the name that it's for her.  LOL!  Described as 'Blueberries awash with white vanilla sugar, cream and a sprig of white thyme,' this one is kinda yummy.  You do get the blueberry note, and some sweetness, but there is also something sort of fresh and herbal which must be the thyme.  It is not a common blueberry bakery scent.  (This would be an interesting scent for tarts!)
Again, this little guy looks like something edible!  And this one is much more 'moist' than the other one, although still on the dry, crumbly side.  A yummy looking and smelling little treat indeed.

These butterbombs sell for $2.50 on the Haus of Gloi website.

Shipping was crazy fast this time!  The order was placed Sunday afternoon and I had my package on Wednesday.  As always with Haus of Gloi, you get a small sample vial of their perfume oil with your order.  I received the Odette scent this time, which is described as 'Clean sun dried linens, tuberose, ginger lily and white musk.'  It's quite a pretty scent.  I would probably wear this perfume!

So that is my teeny tiny Haus of Gloi haul.  Have YOU tried these new butterbombs?  Let me know what you think!



22 comments:

  1. I've wanted to try HOG for so long now but I can't justify paying that much for bath and body products when I make my own. They've seriously tempted me, though.
    They look so adorable! Pity about the size, though. I know that isn't what matters with bath products but in my mind it counts!
    I just got back from dropping off my letter to you in an actual drop box. I'm uncomfortable with clipping that stuff to my mail box and there's a secure box about a block away so I finally sucked it up and sent my crappily decorated letter!! Yay! The hardest step is complete! It's not really a letter so much as rambling about how I finally have taken that step with a penpal, and you may no longer be interested, but I'm happy nonetheless :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You make your own? Do you sell them?? I used to make/sell cold process goat milk soap, had an Etsy shop for almost two years.

      That's funny about the letter because I was thinking today 'I *have* to get that letter done!' and wondered if YOU had lost interest. LOL! Couple of dorks we are, huh?

      ~Deb

      Delete
    2. It's my goal to sell them some day, but I don't feel they are up to par to sell quite yet :)
      I remember you mentioning selling soaps in an earlier post. I've wanted to go back and read those posts (I love watching vendors' journeys) but I don't want to rush myself through the reading otherwise I'll have no more free-time reading material!
      We ARE dorks. That's why I forced myself to send that letter just to open the door, so to say. I might follow that up with another letter just because, but we all know how our plans go :D

      Delete
    3. Well now I'm all interested in what you make. I never got into lotions or lip balms or things like that, although I *really* wanted to. I did cold process bar soaps, and dabbled in solid sugar scrubs and bath salts. It was fun, but it got overwhelming having the Etsy shop.

      I will write a letter. I will write a letter. I will write a letter.......

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. Quick shipping is always nice! I have been seeing these on their instagram feed and have been tempted. Mostly I want to eat them though, they look like scoops of ice cream :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Ice cream, or scoops of cookie dough.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  3. I bought 3 of these and haven't opened them yet. They are smaller than I thought, which is kind of nice for storage. The bath bombs I have from other vendors are HUGE and take up so much space.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that Lush one that I got from the giveaway recently is obnoxiously large compared to these little guys.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  4. Exceptions can be made for ANYTHING called a butterbomb, wow! White Blueberry sounds so delicious...like something you could put on pancakes............mmmmmmmmmmmm...pancakes......these are really, really cool looking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try Haus of Gloi, Lauren. You know you want tooooooo...... :P

      ~Deb

      Delete
  5. I used one of the Spring Tonic #3's, and forget if I ran it under running water...I think I ended up holding it under the water more like a regular bath bomb because I like the feel of the little bubbles on my back.

    Anyway, when I got out of the tub I had a thin layer of watery butter on me, which I wasn't sure how I felt about at first but it was toweled off or absorbed quickly. Now I'm thinking I'll using the rest after I'm done washing so I know I'm clean when I get out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I noticed on the label there is a warning about slippery tubs. Common with such products, I guess, but I still don't like when they leave the tub like an ice rink.

      (I still haven't used mine.)

      ~Deb

      Delete
    2. I was okay getting out but I have a fiberglass type tub that doesn't seem to get slippery like a normal, ceramic type one. Probably should coordinate using mine with giving the tub a scrubdown anyway.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. For what?

      *moves along, humming nonchalantly*

      ~Deb

      Delete
    2. Derrr ...

      for being YOU. Yes, that's it.

      Delete
  7. Also ... maybe you should get one of these:

    https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/542697_334917749947678_406389066_n.png

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - that is cool but I'd still be afraid the book would topple off. I just don't think I could ever read while in the tube. Maybe THAT is where a Kindle would come in handy. Put it in a big ziploc bag and settle back for a read in the tub! LOL!

      ~Deb

      Delete
    2. You said that already! http://somethingalwayz.blogspot.com/2012/12/won-lush-goodies.html?showComment=1357082486155#c7719239293538293953

      And it's still funny!

      Delete
    3. Uhh, I don't know what happened to the spacing up there, but I didn't mean to stress each word so emphatically. lol

      Delete
    4. HA! I didn't even remember that. Guess it's such a good idea I just keep trying to talk myself into it. *snort*

      ~Deb

      Delete
    5. lol

      It would have been funny if I hadn't remembered and then whoever else might read these comments just observed us having the same conversations over and over.

      Delete