Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Melted - Candles From The Keeping Room / Burnt Cream

Burnt Cream - 'This is your traditional french custard...with a hint of caramel sauce
that has been drizzled and torched.'
 
I wasn't sure what to expect with this one.  I seem to remember someone mentioning this on a blog and not liking it at all, that the 'burnt' note was overpowering.  I don't remember where I saw that though, or if it was even really about this scent.  So anyway, on cold sniff I was a little leery.  There was some weird note that I would say is the 'burnt' part of it but it wasn't like a scorched tart scent.  Once warmed, this became even more interesting.  I don't normally like chocolate scents in tarts but this was like chocolate cake and I quite liked it!  Not really sure how custard and caramel sauce comes out smelling like chocolate cake but that is absolutely what it reminded me of.  It wasn't an overly sweet scent, not like there was a ton of sweet buttercream frosting on this imaginary cake, but just enough to sweet to make this a very nice bakery scent.
I cut this tart in half, using about 1 oz. worth in my tea light warmer.  It had a medium scent throw, leaning towards strong.  I could smell it at a softer, pleasant level throughout the downstairs of the house.  I had to leave the house to do some errands and when I came back about two hours later I could smell this as soon as I opened the back door.  Even now, hours after the tea light has burned out and the wax has cooled down, I can still smell this very lightly throughout the house.  

Very nice!  I would order this again.

2 comments:

  1. I thought this smelled like chocolate too! This scent is super popular but I haven't heard too many people say it smells like chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, that's funny. Glad I'm not just crazy!

      ~Deb

      Delete