Friday, February 22, 2013

Melted - Ten Digit Creations / Maple Sugar

Maple Sugar - 'The sweet smell of maple syrup and brown sugar.'

On cold sniff, I had been a little worried about this one.  I'd thought it was too light and not nearly as sweet maple-y as I'd imagined it would be.  The scent bloomed nicely when warmed though.  *phew*  It was an awesome rich, deep, sweet sugary maple scent.  There was almost a hint of creaminess.  While there was still that faint note of burnt sugar that I mentioned in my haul post, it did not ruin the overall scent.

This is the very first tart I've ever melted from Ten Digits and I had high hopes.  Although I've seen mixed reviews, most seemed to feel Ten Digits tarts have a nice strong scent throw.  Sadly, this one did not.  I'm torn on how to describe the throw on this one.  I melted this whole 1 oz. tart in my tea light warmer and while I could smell a nice, full, strong scent if I was within a couple feet of the warmer, it just didn't seem to carry out from there.  On the other hand, if I was in an adjacent room, I could pick up the scent every now and then but couldn't smell it in general throughout the rooms.  And then even more curious was that one of the times I woke up during the night, many many hours after this tart had melted and cooled, and in a room upstairs from where my warmer is . . . I could smell this scent.  So yeah, no clue how to rate a throw like that.  LOL 

Overall, I loved this scent but the throw was  . . . inconsistent.

2 comments:

  1. Whoa...weird throw! The scent itself sounds nice though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was indeed weird. Almost wish I had another one to try again.

      ~Deb

      Delete