Friday, February 22, 2013

Melted - Ten Digit Creations / Sunday Morning

Sunday Morning - 'Nutty sweet cream, freshly grated nutmeg, caramelized pecans, almond, marzipan, and vanilla swirled with brown sugar.'

I forgot I was going to hang onto this one for fall and melted it this morning.  Kicking myself now because, yeah, it reminds me of fall for some reason.  In my cold sniff thoughts from my haul post, I mentioned there was something almost cider-like in here and that it was weird when you look at the notes in the description.  I'm not sure what marzipan is supposed to smell like but even so, looking at everything else you'd think this would be a warm, sweet, bakery scent.  It's just not.  It's not a bad scent, just weirdly not like what you'd probably imagine.

I get something sort of cranberry-orange, sort of tart and tangy, and something almost like cider.  There is a warmth behind that though, a hint of creaminess and vanilla.  That cranberry cider note just keeps shocking my nose though.  BUT, it's not like this is a bold cider scent, not like that odd cran-orange note is bright and strong.  It's just . . . there, among the more cozy notes.

I melted this whole 1 oz. tart in my tea light warmer and while I had better results than with the previous Ten Digits tart, it was still iffy at times.  The scent itself is strong, no doubt about that, but only in the general area of the warmer.  I would say the throw for this one was light to medium.  I could smell hints of it in other rooms, but the scent of the cake I was baking easily overpowered the tart most of the time.

I'm undecided on this tart.  The scent is not bad, it's just not what I'd expected.  Not sure if I'd order this one again.

No comments:

Post a Comment