Thursday, March 7, 2013

Melted - Front Porch Candle Co. / Country Cinnamon

Country Cinnamon - 'A warm blend of cinnamon, nutmeg, and other spices
with a buttery undertone.'
 
On cold sniff, I really liked this one.  I like cinnamon scents and this one reminded me of Christmas, of being in the holiday section of a store, where all the scented pine cones and candles are creating a blended holiday scent.  Warmed though, it becomes a softer, more bakery type cinnamon scent.  It's not a harsh, sharp spicy scent but there really was quite a lot of the 'other spices' coming through.  I think the 'buttery undertone' played a big role too.  Still mainly cinnamon, but lost all of the 'holiday' factor when warmed.
 
And it was rather weak.  I melted this whole 1 oz. tart in my tea light warmer and had a very light scent and throw at best.  If the furnace kicked in or someone walked by, something to stir up the air, I would catch a whiff of this but it was always light.  It's something that sits very subtly in the air.  I did get very faint hints of it in other rooms but only because I was aware of it.  For small areas, or if you just want something light in the air, this would be nice.  I prefer my scents to be bolder though.

4 comments:

  1. That's funny, I expected this one to be super strong but it wasn't! Very odd.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. I kept pulling it out of the box and tossing it back in all this time because I wasn't in the mood for strong spice or holiday scents. Turns out it was neither.

      My Front Porch stuff is almost gone now. I have the lemon scents that I've been saving, and just a couple others that I keep pushing aside. Looking forward to those lemon ones!

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. This one is definitely not as strong as I'd hoped, but I still like it. Like you said, it's nice in the background! You're almost out of FP?! BLASPHEME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - no, it's a good thing I'm almost out. That means I'm closer to starting on my Sweet Fixations stash. Wheeee! (And closer to being able to order more...)

      ~Deb

      Delete