Friday, March 29, 2013

Melted - Sweet Fixations / Honeyed Almond

Honeyed Almond - 'Peaches, coconut, and warm vanilla, with notes of nuts and musk
and just a touch of raspberries.'

I've always wondered if this is the correct description for this tart.  I'm not quite sure why something called Honeyed Almond would have all those other things in it.  *shrugs*  Whether that description is the right one or not, this is a very nice scent.  It is a pretty scent but not in a perfume type way.  This is another that would be amazing in bath and body products.  There is a light nutty note, slightly cherry-like from the almond, and then just lots of bright sweetness.  Part of me wants to say it is a typical honey-sweet note because that's what the name implies, but part of me wants to say that I do get traces of the vanilla and coconut and fruits that the description includes.  I know this probably isn't really helping anyone so we'll just say that it is a very, very nice, bright and sweet scent.  (But not sickly sweet like candy.)

I melted this whole 1 oz. tart in my tea light warmer and was sadly disappointed to find this beautiful scent is just too light.  It does put a very subtle note of something into the air, which is fine sometimes if you just want to freshen things and not really scent it.  In a smaller room, bathroom maybe, this is probably fabulous.  In my large rooms though, it just wasn't enough.

I do love the scent but if I were to get it again I would get two or three and melt them in various rooms.

5 comments:

  1. Pity when there's a promising product and it ends up not performing :(
    Names like this are the reasons I have to look at scent descriptions, because based off the name alone I would not think I would like the scent.
    Ooh! My series of thoughts while typing that just led to a question! What process do you go through when placing/plotting an order? Do you just go through and buy what seems nice or make up a list beforehand down to the T of what you're going to get? For me it's more going through the scent list and writing down the scents I'd be interested in, then getting stuff in those scents.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I'm in the mood for certain scents and I'll just look around and see who has it available. Usually though, I will browse a vendor's scent list and make a list of what interests me, then when I go to actually place an order I'll put everything from the list that is available into my cart ... and see how much it's going to cost. From there I decide how much I want to weed out.

      If it's a vendor I'm not familiar with I will just look through their stuff and pick a couple scents I'm familiar with to see how I like the service and products.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. So sad this didn't perform well...I have it sitting somewhere and love the scent on cold sniff. It's very soothing. Nothing is worse than when scents that sound amazing just don't make the cut. But, if it's nice in a bathroom, I guess that's something!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's just a lighter scent in general. As mentioned, if I found this in soap/lotion I'd be all over it.

      Is yours from Sweet Fixations? Or elsewhere?

      ~Deb

      Delete
    2. Mine is from Sweet Fixations as well, but I have heard other vendors say that this scent is supposed to be light, like you said, because it's a soapy/lotiony kind of scent! :)

      Delete