Friday, March 22, 2013

Melted - Sweet Fixations / Lemon Drizzle Bread

Lemon Drizzle Bread - ‘(SF Blend) Fresh baked butter bread drizzled with lemon.

I'm FINALLY dipping into my large Sweet Fixations order that was placed right at the end of 2012, before Cut Spending mode kicked in.  I'd been trying to use up most of my other tarts before starting on these because I just wanted to immerse myself in Sweet Fixations goodness and let that be my main vendor this year.  So yesterday was a happy day when I finally allowed myself to dip my hand into that box and pull out a random tart.  Wheeee!

This is a warm, cozy, bakery scent.  It is about equal on the lemon and the bread, although the bread part reminds me almost more of a cake note.  After the whole thing with Front Porch using zucchini bread scent as ALL of their bread scents, I was worried and had contacted Tia (Sweet Fixations owner) and asked about HER bread scents.  She told me unless it states specifically that it is zucchini bread, it is just a regular bread scent.  *phew*  (I hate zucchini bread scents.)  Anyway, you definitely get the lemon in this, sweet and bright, but at times that rich bread scent seems to be stronger.

I melted this whole 1 oz. tart in my tea light warmer and had a good strong scent here in the room that the warmer is in.  It didn't throw quite as strong or as far as I would have liked, but it was still light to medium in adjacent rooms.  There was plenty of scent left after one tea light burn (4 hours) so I'm sure I'd get another good melt out of this.

This was an interesting, yummy scent that I would buy again.

4 comments:

  1. This DOES sound good...and it's great that you asked about bread! I think she's the one with a bread and jam scent, right? This might be one to invest in for my next order. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, she has a Bread & Butter, and Bread & Jam scents. I haven't tried either one yet but I will eventually get around to them.

      ~Deb

      Delete