Thursday, March 28, 2013

Melted - Sweet Fixations / Pancakes & Syrup

Pancakes & Syrup - ‘(SF Blend) Buttermilk pancakes topped with warm maple syrup and berries.’

Seems to be a breakfast scent trend in the house today.  Nothing wrong with that!  And this one is yummy enough to be welcome any time.  It's mainly sweet from the maple syrup but not in any way a sickly sweet type scent.  The sort of bread note from the pancake part of it really warms it, and the two blend together nicely.  Then there is an extra little bit of sweetness that I did not realize was from berries until I looked up the description to do this post.  That was interesting because you really do get just enough berry-sweetness to know that there is something more in the mix.  It's a really nice homey scent.

I melted this entire 1 oz. tart in my tea light warmer and had a medium scent and throw.  It did travel into adjacent rooms but it stayed at a very pleasant scent strength ... enough to know it's there but not overpowering at all.  Very nice.

Although I would have liked it just a smidge stronger, I would indeed order this one again.

2 comments:

  1. That little butter cube on top is adorable. Touches like that from vendors make me keep wanting more from them! I think the problem with some of Sweet Fixation's tarts is a throw issue, which is sad, because they have very nice and creative scents. Maybe it just depends on the warmer! Maybe I'm just a fool. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet Fixations has always been pretty reliable in performance for me. Some of the scents or lighter, or not as strong as I'd hoped, but I think very few are actual duds.

    My SF stash is starting to dwindle now. I think maybe in May I might be able to justify ordering some new tarts. LOL! Not sure who I'll order from yet though. Might just stick with SF like I had planned.

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete