Friday, March 22, 2013

Melted - Sweet Fixations / Pineapple Upside Down Cake

Pineapple Upside Down Cake - ‘Sweet pineapples, baked cake, butter, brown sugar, and cherries.

A nice bakery scent, but heavy on the cherry note. I kept thinking I was getting a rum note but looking at the description, it must be the butter and brown sugar. I do get a nice cake note. There is a sweetness of pineapple but the cherry often overwhelms it.

I melted this whole 1 oz. tart in my tea light warmer and had a strong scent in the area around the warmer.  It was almost too much at times.  There was something about it, almost too sweet but not in a candy-like way.  Maybe it was that strong cherry note, the sort of tartness from that?  In areas farther away from the warmer the scent was much lighter and much more smooth/warm.

Not sure if I would order this one again.  If I ever do, I will try putting the warmer in another room.

**UPDATE**
It was funny because when I went to bed much later after this one had melted, I could smell a really nice cake scent in the bedroom, which is upstairs and not where I melt tarts.  At first I wondered what the heck it was from and then I realized it was what had drifted up from the tart and THIS was a nice warm and sweet version of the scent that I would have loved to have while it was melting.  lol

5 comments:

  1. Hmmm, that's too bad about the strong cherry note. I have Pineapple Upside Down Cake from FP. Will need to melt it soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This wasn't a bad scent. It would have been nice to have a bit more of the cake note.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. That's a bummer you didn't like the cherry scent in that tart! Since I love cherry, it actually sounds like something that would be right up my alley so I'm adding it to my to-try list haha =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like cherry scents but in this particular one it would have been nice to have a bit more of the other notes come through too.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  3. Added an update in the original post above.

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete