Saturday, March 30, 2013

Melted - Sweet Fixations / Rice Krispie Treats

Rice Krispie Treats - ‘(SF Blend) Vanilla, marshmallow, and butter.’

Marshmallow scents are notorious for being light so I knew I was taking a chance when I ordered this one.  Maybe I'd found renewed faith after experiencing the strength of Front Porch's marshmallow scents?  This IS a yummy scent, very marshmallow-y and buttery.  It's not a deep, warm, salty type butter scent.  It's actually rather pretty and bright.  It's also kind of just ... blah.  Nothing really jumps out at you.

And it's very light, as feared.

I melted this whole 1 oz. tart in my tea light warmer and while this little bugger did throw its scent to all corners of the house, it was light.  I could smell it because I knew I had a tart going, but I think in general most people wouldn't even notice anything.  It's sort of like those subtle scents that seem to clean the air of usual house smells, but don't really add an obvious perfume.  Sometimes those are nice, like if you have company coming but don't know if they'll like strong fragrances.  My mom, for example ... I can never burn candles or melt tarts when she's visiting because she's so sensitive to them.  But I think I could totally get away with this one.  It's light, bright, and oddly pretty.

While I do like this scent, I don't know if I'll order it again.

2 comments:

  1. That's really interesting that this is oddly pretty. I don't think pretty when I think Rice Crispy Treats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it's weird. I think the longer it melted the stronger the 'warm' parts of the scent came through. It was nice, but light.

      ~Deb

      Delete