Friday, March 29, 2013

Melted - Sweet Fixations / Yellow Polka Dot Bikini

Yellow Polka Dot Bikini - ‘(SF Blend) Great summer blend of creamy coconut and lemon.

(I've had this one before and even posted about it - HERE - but thought I'd go ahead and post again because not everyone who reads now may know the old one is there.)

Since I've been on such a lemon kick lately, I was thrilled to find I had this in my Sweet Fixations stash.  I know there are other lemon scents in there but I'd forgotten about this one.  I love lemon and I love coconut.  Can't really go wrong mixing them together then, huh?  This is so cheerful and yummy!  There is a sort of tartness to the lemon, but the sweetness of the coconut softens it.  Lemon is the slightly stronger note, but not by much.  You really do get both notes easily in this one.

Melting this whole 1 oz. tart in my tea light warmer, I got a nice strong scent throw.  It has creeped to all corners of the house and I could even smell it first thing upon coming in the back door after being outside to get the mail.  The scent itself though is a very decent medium strength.  It is not heavy and cloying in the air, but very definitely makes its presence known.

An excellent scent that I won't hesitate to order again.

2 comments:

  1. Lemon and coconut?? Yum! Sometimes, coconut can be too....fake? Have you ever noticed that? I'm glad that's not your experience here, though. This sounds really lovely!. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It smells like coconut, that's all I care about. I'm not one who pays that much attention ... like red apple vs. green apple, or fresh strawberry vs. candy strawberry. If it's supposed to be apple and I smell apple, that's good enough for me.

    But anyway, yes, this one is yummy! :)

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete