Thursday, March 21, 2013

Soap Stash

I've been talking about handcrafted soaps with a couple people lately and it got me wondering just what I had left in my soap stash.  Back in 2011, I was as crazy about buying soaps as I've more recently been about buying tarts.  One thing about buying tarts is that you definitely go through them faster than soap, so it's easier to buy a lot.  But if you're into handcrafted soaps, you can get sucked into the 'Gotta have 'em all!' thrill of shopping there too.  The craziest thing about my soap shopping was that I was still making my own soaps at the time.  Doh!

Time has passed, I gave away a lot of the soaps I'd accumulated, and I'd pretty much lost interest in the whole handmade bath and body products world for some time.  Hubby still uses them and prefers them, but I've switched back to commercial body washes out of laziness and convenience.  But as I mentioned, I've been talking to some people about soaps lately and my interest is slowly starting to rekindle.

So just what IS left in my soap stash?

Petals Bath Boutique
- Hatter
- Milk & Sweet Nectar
- #9 Memory Lane
- Honey Mint Vanilla
- Snow White

Nature's Art
- Black Magic (2 bars) - I threw these out after looking at them this morning.  They hadn't held up over time.  Too bad because at the time I'd gotten them they were my absolute favorite scent and I'd raved all over about it, only to find out later it was the very popular Country Bumpkin scent.

Beguile
- Ritual - LOVE Beguile's soaps but because it is an Australian vendor it can be pricey.

Missouri River Soap
- Snow
- Montana Memories

Goat Milk Stuff
- Oatmeal, Milk & Honey
Ah yes, Goat Milk Stuff . . . the first handcrafted soap I ever tried, the one the inspired me to make my own, and the one that opened my eyes to the whole crazy world of handmade soaps and Etsy and all sorts of crazy related fun.  And the first soap I tried from GMS was Oatmeal, Milk & Honey.  That is probably why I love that scent so much.  It just brings back so many memories.  I really should order from these guys again.  If you're not familiar with Goat Milk Stuff, you really should check them out ( HERE ) because their story is so cute.

My stash is dwindling.  Finally!  But since hubby is the only one using them right now these will still last a long time.  Who knows, I might switch back to them as my renewed interest grows.  Heck, just looking at them for this post is making me want to jump back into that crazy world.

That would not be good for our Cut Spending Mode.  LOL!

So what soapie goodies are in YOUR stash?  Any vendors you're looking forward to trying?  Have you found any favorites?

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hello, Vnetta! Have you tried any new soapies?

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. I've never tried any handmade soaps, except if Lush count as one haha ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lush almost counts, hehe. If you like Lush you probably would love handmade soaps. (They're a lot cheaper!)

      ~Deb

      Delete
  3. I cleared out a nice portion of my unloved stash when I posted some goodies on eBay and the person who bought it asked what else I had, and ended up buying about $90 worth! At first I was wondering if someone wanting all my old stuff was too good to be true and the person was going to open a claim with Paypal later but apparently it was just another hoarder, heh. I still have more than I can use so I haven't tried a new vendor in a long time. If my collection gets down to a year's worth at some point I'd be interested in trying A Life Deliberate. (Oh, and I still have a bar of Boondock G HP if you ever want it, although it's probably scentless.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool that you were able to send some off to new homes. I'm willing to ship off the two Missouri River bars to anyone willing to pay shipping, but most of the rest are getting pretty old now. We'll work our way through those and hopefully start using what I make after that.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Heh, it's not really a collection anymore. When I think about all the vendors I wanted to try but haven't yet, and all the vendors I'd like to revisit, I could easily go out of control again if I were to start ordering. LOL!

      ~Deb

      Delete
  5. Oh geez, that's funny about Black Magic. Not that I know anything about the existence about Country Bumpkin, but it's funny in a "Well, that's dumb" kind of way.

    I need to order from somewhere. I don't know why I keep putting it off. I think I might actually go with Nature's Art first because I want more Black Magic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still love the Country Bumpkin scent though. It's a fall scent for sure.

      I don't know if Nature's Art has Black Magic as a regular scent, or if it's seasonal. I haven't been to her site for a while now because I just haven't been ordering soap.

      ~Deb

      Delete