Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Melted - Sweet Fixations / Brown Sugar Cake

Brown Sugar Cake - ‘(SF Blend) Sweet brown sugar drizzled over yellow pound cake.’

This one sounds so good, like it would right up my bakery loving alley.  I was worried right from the start though because even on cold throw there was very little scent.  I tried to have faith though, knowing that there have been plenty of times when the warmed result is much different than the cold.  Unfortunately, this is not one of those times.  What little scent I could get on cold sniff was nice, a sweet brown sugar scent with a very light cake note.  (Pound cake scents are not super sweet or strong like birthday cake or cupcake scents.)

Sadly, when I melted this entire 1 oz. tart in my tea light warmer, I got absolutely no scent.  There was one brief moment early on, when the furnace kicked in and stirred up the air, that I got a nice strong whiff of that yummy scent but it was gone almost as soon as I noticed it.  Otherwise there was nothing.

So sooo bummed about this one.  If anyone else has had this one, how did it work for you??

2 comments:

  1. I had this one from a destash and I had the same problem :( And I was living in a TINY dorm room at the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bummer that it was light for you too, but glad to know I didn't just get a dud. And I'm not blaming Sweet Fixations at all ... some scents are just light and don't work out for home fragrance.

      ~Deb

      Delete