Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Melted - Sweet Fixations / Glazed Donuts

Glazed Donuts - ‘Butter, fried dough, sweet glaze.

Donut scents from a certain well known vendor were all the rage among the wax community last fall and summer, so when I placed my large Sweet Fixations order at the end of the year I decided to give this one a try.  I was a bit worried on cold sniff because I was mainly getting just a wax smell.  Warmed though, this is a delicious scent.  It is a very cozy, homey scent ... almost like bread but lighter and sweeter.  You do get the doughy note in this, along with a sugary glaze note.  It really is just like fresh, warm, glazed donuts.  There is not a salty note from the butter or dough.  It's just a softly sweet, yummy scent.

It's light though.  Melting this entire 1 oz. tart in my tea light warmer, I only got a medium throw at best and that was when the furnace kicked in and stirred up the air (or when I was moving around, again stirring up the air).  I could actually smell it a bit stronger as it drifted into the next room than I could right around the area of the warmer.

A really nice scent, but weak.

8 comments:

  1. Oh wow, I want this! And a box of Krispy Kremes!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remember when we would have those frozen ones you put in the oven? I wonder if they even make those anymore. This was way back, like when Mom used to get the Banquet boxes of frozen fried chicken.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah! I never look at that kind of stuff anymore. I'll have to look next time though.

      Last time we went to Minnesota, I picked a box of Kwik Trip glazed donuts as my roadtrip munchie treat. Love those! I don't think Kurth got any.

      ~Deb

      Delete
    2. I looked at Walmart this morning and didn't see any frozen donuts like Mom used to get. What a bummer.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  3. DEB! All these dessert themed tarts, you're killing meeeeeeeeeee!! Krispy Kremes...we have a drive thru right by the new house! The only good ones are plain glazed, though, the rest are meh. Luckily, this tart didn't have that salty note, this one sounds truly great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhhh, if I had a Krispy Kreme near my house.... Now I'm hungry for those Kwik Trip ones though. MMM!

      ~Deb

      Delete