Friday, April 5, 2013

Melted - Sweet Fixations / Grapefruit

Grapefruit - ‘Sweet, juicy, and refreshing grapefruit with a tangy zest.
This was a freebie in my order, and not something I'd ever have picked on my own.  Even so, when I pulled it out of the box this morning I thought it might be a good scent to get the day going.  It's definitely grapefruit.  It is bright and juicy, and even has that sort of zesty, effervescent feel about it.  To me, it's sort of choking.  I don't like it, but I don't like real life actual grapefruit scent much to begin with.  If you're a grapefruit fan, you'll probably like this because it's quite accurate.

And it's strong.  I melted this whole 1 oz. tart in my tea light warmer and got a strong scent and throw.  I could easily smell it throughout the downstairs of the house, and even noticed traces of it upstairs.  It really did perk up the air, bright and cheery on a sunny spring morning.

I would not order this again simply because I'm not a grapefruit fan.  If you are, this would probably be a good choice for you.

14 comments:

  1. Ok, ok! I put in my Sweet Fixations order last night :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? Have you ever ordered from there before? What are you getting? SPILL! :)

      ~Deb

      Delete
    2. This is my first order from her. I got the 20 sampler with mostly lemon, lavender, serendipity and some of the drinks and fresh scents. Can't wait!

      Delete
    3. You will like her lemon scents, they are really nice! I love serendipity cake from Sweet Fixations!

      Delete
  2. Ooh, then this would be a good choice for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zucchini bread? Grapefruit? I do not know you.

      ~Deb

      Delete
    2. Ah, but you sniff pumpkin pie ...

      Delete
    3. Our current dishsoap is grapefruit scented.

      Delete
    4. But you EAT pumpkin pie.

      Couldn't find the Unicorn Jizz dishsoap? That would probably be earth-friendly, right?

      ~Deb

      Delete
    5. Only the kind with all-natural jizz from free-range unicorns.

      Delete
    6. And that's expensive, so I'm sticking with grapefruit Ajax in the ginormous bottle.

      Delete
    7. "all-natural jizz from free-range unicorns," ROFLMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I am glad the unicorn jizz thing is catching on!! :D

      Delete