Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Melted - Sweet Fixations / Plum Crazy

Plum Crazy - ‘Sweet plum scent.

This is interestingly nice.  I wouldn't know what a real plum smells like so I can't say how true this is.  There is obviously a fruity note, dark fruit ... not bright and summery like a lot of fruit scents are.  There is also a sort of spice note, just a hint of something slightly 'sharp.'  Does plum smell like that??  I don't know, but I like this!

This was a sample with my order, slightly smaller than the usual 1 oz. scallop tarts.  I melted this whole tart in my tea light warmer and while the throw was strong, the scent itself was more medium to light.  I didn't really smell much until I was moving around and the air was stirred up.  On the other hand, when I came back into the house from doing something outside, I could immediately smell this upon opening the back door.  The longer it warmed, the stronger it seemed to get, but still stayed a softer background type scent.

One of the reasons I like samples in orders is because of times like this.  I probably never would have picked this scent on my own, but now, having been presented with one to try, I find that I do indeed like and would order it.  Yay, for samples!

2 comments:

  1. I like finding scents I like in the samples too! So yes, yay for samples!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If a vendor is introducing a new scent, I think including samples of it is a brilliant way to go.

      ~Deb

      Delete