Sunday, April 14, 2013

Melted - Sweet Fixations / Purple Cow

Purple Cow - ‘Just like the popsicles from out childhood. Grape and vanilla ice cream.

I've been passing this one by for some time now but when Lauren over at the Lolo Loves Scents blog posted about a Purple Cow blend recently I figured it was time to finally melt this one.  This one is just so different and I wasn't sure why, but now that I think about it I think it's because grape simply isn't a common note in home fragrances.

I thought the 'purple' in Purple Cow was grape soda and I could have sworn there was a slight bubbliness to this but maybe it was my mind playing tricks on my again.  The scent description doesn't mention soda.  This is very much a grape scent, first and foremost.  There is a softness to it, a creaminess from the ice cream.  Together it reminded me of a grape candy.  It was soft and sweet, not overly sugary or cavity inducing.  A very nice change from my usual/favorite bakery type scents.

I melted this whole 1 oz. tart in my tea light warmer and had medium scent and throw.  In the room where the warmer is, it was stronger but still sort of a 'background' scent.  I could smell it lightly in adjacent rooms, just sort of perking up the air a bit, and I could even detect light hints of it all the way upstairs.

This a very nice scent that I would order again, but maybe melt two in different rooms to boost the strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment