Thursday, April 4, 2013

Melted - Sweet Fixations / Raspberry Macaroon

Raspberry Macaroon - ‘Toasted coconut, caramelized sugar, and raspberry.

After just insisting to someone in blog comments that Sweet Fixations has been reliable for me, I think I may have come across my first dud.  And it sucks because what little I can smell of this is fabulous.  It's mainly a raspberry scent, sweet and juicy, but a really nice, light coconut note sort of softens it while a bit of warmth comes from the caramelized sugar.  The coconut and sugar sort of give the illusion of the cookie part.  It's yummy!  Too bad it's so weak.

Melting this entire 1 oz. tart in my tea light warmer, at first I thought I was getting absolutely no scent or throw at all.  As time went on I realized that whenever the furnace kicked in (and stirred up the air) I was indeed able to smell this, but still only medium strength at best.  If I walked by, like to grab something from the next room, I could smell it.  I noticed I could smell it lightly in the kitchen even when I couldn't really smell it in between the warmer and there.  This one is just really weird and random, and it's too bad because that scent is really nice.

Have any of you had this one?  How did it work for you?

4 comments:

  1. I never tried Sweet Fixations because sadly she only ships Priority Mail to Canada but I'm very surprised this tart was weak ! Usually Raspberry scents are pretty strong !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sucks about the shipping. :(
      And yeah, all the elements are there for this to be a stronger scent ... so it's a bummer that it wasn't.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. This sounds like it would be so good! What a bummer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bummer indeed. I might try it again sometime down the road, just to see if it was a fluke or what.

      ~Deb

      Delete