Thursday, April 18, 2013

Melted - Sweet Fixations / Serendipity

Serendipity - ‘Sweet vanilla, powdered sugar, sweet cherry, orange, citrus, and yummy coconut.

I've heard that some versions of Serendipity can be cherry-heavy, and some can be coconut-heavy.  This one seems to lean toward the coconut-heavy side, and that was fine with me.  Serendipity can also be sickeningly sweet sometimes, and this one wasn't.  When it first started melting, I noticed the really bright notes from the citrus and sugar, but after it had been going a while it seemed to warm up more as the coconut and vanilla came out.

I melted this entire 1 oz. tart in my tea light warmer and got a medium scent at best, which probably helped in keeping the over-sweetness down.  I could smell it lightly in adjacent rooms.  This was a very easy to handle version of a scent that can often be overwhelming.

6 comments:

  1. I was just thinking I'd try this one out this evening when I get home. Glad to hear it leans coconut and isn't super-sweet. Sounds perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have Rockin Vanilla melting right now and LOVE IT. I've had it before, but had forgotten how much I liked it. This is one I'm going to stock up on, maybe try some of the other size/type options with this scent. (It's vanilla and hazelnut.)

      I already have an older post about it, so I won't be doing another one.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. Sometimes when serendipity is too heavy on the coconut, it can be overbearing. The best ones are obviously a balanced mix, but I don't mind the ones that are a little more cherryish. Glad you seemed to enjoy! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind the more cherry ones either. I was just pointing out that this one seems more coconut, because people like to know these things.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  3. Ohhh, this version sounds so good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whose version of Serendipity is your favorite?

      ~Deb

      Delete