Sunday, May 12, 2013

Influenster - Ivory 2-in-1 Hair & Body Wash


I was invited, through the Influenster program, to try a new body product: Ivory 2-in-1 Hair & Body Wash.  I was surprised to receive a full sized bottle (24 oz.) instead of a smaller trial or sample size.  That was kinda fun to find in my mailbox!

Now, I am a very low maintenance girl.  I use low end 2-in-1 shampoo/conditioners.  I use low end body wash when I'm feeling lazy and not using handcrafted bar soaps.  But even I have not had any interest in the body/hair wash combos I see popping up more and more.  I don't know, it just seems like it would be lacking to me for some reason.  Still, when Influenster asked me to try this Ivory product, I figured I'd give it a shot.  Heck, I'm not paying anything for it this way, right?  Once I actually received the bottle though, I was quite curious and excited to try it.

So what did I think?

I've been using this as a body wash every day for about two weeks now.  As a body wash it is nice.  At first I thought it was going to be fabulous because the lather is rich and creamy, more so than my usual low end brand.  Using this in the shower, on a shower pouf, there is a ton of immediate and long lasting lather.  The scent is nice, sort of a generic 'clean' soap/shampoo scent, noticeable while using the product but not lingering on the skin afterwards.  This is good for those who don't want the scent to clash with whatever scented lotions or sprays they use after.  The lather seems to rinse easily but then it almost seems like there is some extra moisturizer left on the skin.  Not like an oily film or anything obvious like that.  Just sort of 'something' that makes you think it's moisture-rich.  It didn't seem to work out that way though because I noticed about the same amount of dry itchies with this as with my cheap body wash.

I used this as a shampoo only twice.  I have shoulder length, natural (uncolored, unpermed, etc.) hair that I wash every other day.  My hair tends to be dry at first and then turns oily.  Using this Ivory product as a shampoo, it seemed ok while actually in the shower.  It lathered nicely, rinsed cleanly.  Out of the shower though, I immediately noticed my first problem: tangles.  I almost never have any trouble running a comb through my towel dried hair, so when I hit a snag right off the bat with this, I was not thrilled.  But whatever, the real test would be how my hair was once it dried.  Throughout the day I would touch my hair, run my hands through it just to see how it felt, and found it was 'ok' but seemed just a bit drier and rougher than normal.  Nothing hugely noticeable, and I did take into consideration that switching shampoos can sometimes do weird things.  The second day, which is a no wash day, my hair already looked slightly more blah than usual.  Not really oilier but sort of dull and limp.  After using the product a second time and getting the same results, I already knew this wasn't for me and switched back to my regular shampoo/conditioner.

What are my overall thoughts?  Well, as a body wash this was no better or worse than my regular brand, and since my regular brand is cheaper and comes in a variety of lovely scents, I won't be switching.  As a shampoo, I did not like this.  I didn't hate it ... it wasn't horrible ... but it wasn't as good as what I'm already using, which again is cheaper.  In the end, I would not buy this product for myself.  My sons tried it too and while Casey seems to share my opinion, Ty actually likes it.  Might be interesting to note that Ty has really short hair, so maybe there is not much difference to notice as far as shampoo.

So yeah, while it was fun to try this new Ivory 2-in-1 Hair & Body Wash, I was not impressed enough to consider switching from my usual brands/products.

Disclaimer: While I was sent this product for free to try, I am not being paid and it has not affected my opinion.

2 comments:

  1. I kinda like the new branding, especially the colors. Thanks for the review, I 'm thinking it might works for my hubs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot to mention they are trying to market it as less clutter in the shower and less waste because there is only one bottle. It would have been nice for the less clutter aspect ... lol

      ~Deb

      Delete