Thursday, May 30, 2013

Melted - Better Homes & Gardens / Vanilla Cookie Crunch

Vanilla Cookie Crunch is a super yummy bakery scent.  There is a strong cookie note, like a warm sugar or butter cookie, and then there is an added sweetness almost like butterscotch.  This one actually reminds me of Front Porch's cookie scents ... there is just something sort of creamy about it.

I melted two cubes (about .8 oz.) in my tea light warmer and while the scent is absolutely delicious, the strength and throw were iffy.  This totally surprised me because I don't think I've ever had a Better Homes & Gardens tart that was weak!  It's also weird because when the air was stirred up from someone walking by or a breeze from an open window, I would get a nice strong whiff of this.  Casey said he could smell it up in his room.  Hubby said he could smell it in the next room.  Yet I was only getting very light traces unless, like I said, the air was stirred up.  When I could smell it, it was full and deep and rich ... just wish I could have smelled it more consistently.

***UPDATE***
July 11, 2014
Melting this again and not having any of the weak scent issues previously mentioned.  It is strong and full and oh so delicious.  I don't think of it as an almost butterscotch-like note anymore either.  It's totally reminding me of Golden Grahams cereal this time around.  And I'm loving it.  I'm grabbing another pack next time I'm in Walmart, just to always have some on hand.

4 comments:

  1. I've recently found the same thing to be true during some of my meltings. Standing a foot away - not so much. On the other side of the house - strong as ever.

    The cookies pictured on the label would have me sold on buying the wax instantly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I know! They do look yummers, don't they? And the scent does make it seem like someone is baking cookies.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. I never understand the scents that are strong in other rooms but not in the room they're actually burning in. Crazy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd like to get another pack of this and try it with my warmer in a different room. LOL I had some other weird acting scent from a private vendor and when I put my warmer in the kitchen one day I could suddenly smell that scent all over the dang house.

      ~Deb

      Delete