Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Melted - Febreze / Almond Sugar

The commercial brand Febreze has had their new line of wax tarts and candles out for a while now.  From the moment I first saw them, I knew Almond Sugar was the one I wanted.  It's taken me a while but last week I finally caved and bought a pack.

This scent is amazingly delicious!!

What you get on cold sniff if pretty true to what you get when it's warmed.  It is a sweet bakery scent.  I swear there is a cookie note in there.  I don't get any kind of cherry-like note, which is common with almond scents.  There is just this bright yet warm, sort of creamy, sweet cookie scent.  It would almost seem like a candy-sweet scent but there is a warmth to it.  But it is not a heavy or sickening scent.  It's just yummy!

I melted two 'bars' (approximately 1 oz.) in my tea light warmer and got medium scent and throw.  As mentioned, it is not a heavy scent.  While at times it seemed I wasn't smelling anything, when I'd go into the next room I would easily pick up light traces of it.  This is definitely a background scent, something to softly perk up the air throughout the house instead of something that loudly announces you have something melting.  I could still smell hints of it all over the house when I got up this morning.

I'm undecided if I would buy this again.  The price is probably the major downfall for me.  At $2.97 a pack, I know there are plenty of cheaper alternatives out there, and with stronger scents.  But this was still nice.  I absolutely loved this particular scent, and because it was one of those lighter types I know I can still melt it while scent-sensitive people (my mom!) are around.  And the fact that it lingers for so lone in all corners, on that very light scale, was nice too.  If I ever find the Chai Latte scent, I'm going to try it!  I'm also curious to see if they come out with any fall/holiday scents later this year.

Have YOU tried the Febreze tarts yet?  What did you think?

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you, sometimes a less in your face scent is appropriate. I haven't seen these yet but I'm looking forward to trying them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep forgetting to check other stores, see if they have the Chai Latte scent. *smacks forehead*

      ~Deb

      Delete