Friday, May 17, 2013

Small Tart Haul

I bought some tarts today!  My stash is about as close to gone as you can get, just four Sinus Relief tarts, a pack of lavender-vanilla (but I'm not a lavender fan), and some leftover holiday scents that I'm hanging onto until fall rolls around again.  Oh, and the two packs I got for Mother's Day, but those are scents I'm not fond of so I won't be melting them.  So yeah, stash is pretty much gone now!  I'm itching to start ordering from private vendors again but I also still want to keep spending down for a while longer, so I caved and bought some affordable Walmart tarts for now.

Finally finally finally gave in a bought a pack of the Febreze tarts!  I knew all along the first one I'd get would be Almond Sugar.  If the chai one would have been there I might have grabbed that, but it wasn't so Almond Sugar it was!  This smells sooooo darn yummy.  There is no scent description on the package.  To me there is almost a cake or cookie note.  The almond is not at all cherry-ish.  This is just a really nice, sweet, slightly warm, slightly creamy, bakery type scent.

These Febreze tarts cost $2.97 for a 3 oz. package.  (It says 2.75 oz. on the label but each bar weighs .5 oz, so you do the math.  Heh.)  The scent is pretty strong on cold sniff, so I'm not sure if I'll melt one or two bars at a time.  Looking forward to finally trying these!

I'm pretty sure I've had this Vanilla Caramel Spice before, and it's one I always seem to see in stock at my store.  On cold sniff it's quite strong on the cinnamon, sort of a Red Hots candy type cinnamon, but the sweetness and warmth of the vanilla and caramel are definitely lurking behind that.  Even though it's cinnamon, it's not like a holiday type scent.  It doesn't make me think of fall or holidays at all.  I'll do a better review after I've had a chance to melt this.

Vanilla Cookie Crunch is one I think I first saw around the holidays.  I'd always passed it up because it seemed like another generic cookie scent, but lately whenever I'd give it a sniff in the store it really called to me.  Maybe it's because my stash is gone and I haven't had this type of scent for a while.  While it is a fairly simple cookie scent, there is just something extra yummy about it, like a sweet, creamy, warm note.  Maybe it's like butterscotch?  Toffee?  Just soooo yummy.  Again, a full review once I've had a chance to melt this.

Not a huge or exciting haul, but a haul nonetheless.  And it's a tart haul.  And it's something to blog about.  Everyone is happy now, right??

6 comments:

  1. HAUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Psh, any hauls are exciting. Any posts are exciting! :)

    Almond Sugar sounds very lovely. Actually, no, EVERYTHING you got sounds very lovely. And cozy. And bakery. I want cookies. Make me cookies? LOL. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it was funny when I bought them. It was like 'Hmm, a trend here?' They are darn yummy smelling though!

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. Thanks for this! I want to go check out my local walmart now! Can't wait to read how the Febreeze tarts perform, I didn't know they even made wax melts until a few days ago. Have a great weekend Deb!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Walmart has been a bit lacking in the tart selection this year. They used to be so good, always with new scents and collections and big end displays. This year though, it's been pretty much the same everyday type scents being endlessly restocked. If they do have new scents or collections, they're rarely getting end display time, if at all.

      But it's still one of my favorite tart sources! The Better Homes & Gardens/Scentsationals tarts are consistently strong and super affordable. Don't let the so called gurus poo poo them for you!

      ~Deb

      Delete
  3. I sniffed Almond Sugar last time I was at Walmart and it is sooooo good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that scent. It's a bit on the light end in the throw department but what is there is awesome.

      ~Deb

      Delete